Buying a New or Decent 2nd Hand Stick

ptaus's picture
ptaus started the topic in Thursday, 25 Feb 2010 at 6:06am

Just moved down to Sydney and was curious as to where my best bet was to pick up a decent 2nd hand board while I wait for mine to be sent down from QLD. I've checked out few of the stores in Bondi but can't find anything but overpriced crap. Where are all the shapers/good board stores located? Thanks for your help

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 25 Feb 2010 at 6:29am

Manly is a good place to start PT. I don't live there so don't know the names of the stores, but whenever I've visited I've seen a few stores with plenty of boards. Seems to be a few just back from the beach and easy enough to find.

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Thursday, 25 Feb 2010 at 7:22am

Try Board Culture at Bondi Junction. The boys there have high quality stuff. Ask for Ben. Can be a bit pricey at times though. Higher quality seconds. But negotiate, they party. You can also try the new shed at Maroubra, it's on the beach front. Get a blue slushy while you're there too!

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Thursday, 25 Feb 2010 at 9:05am

What are you chasing boardwise anyway?

ptaus's picture
ptaus's picture
ptaus Thursday, 25 Feb 2010 at 9:49am

I'm going to try and get a fish. Just that I can't seem to find the right size and shape I'm after. Probably going to check out Manly for some boards this weekend. Was down at Maroubra the other day and the guy in there didn't have much to choose from either which is suprising considering the amount of people in the water in Sydney. I'm more inclined towards slurpees/frozen cokes but will try the blue slushy when I'm down there next.

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Thursday, 25 Feb 2010 at 8:47pm

what dimensions mate? i have a 6'0 x 19 3/4 x 2 1/2 quaddy semi-fish you can have. Formula Energy. if you want the real deal - keels - it could be hard to find 2nd hand. did you go into surf and skate or maroubra underground (they have SFA)?

ptaus's picture
ptaus's picture
ptaus Friday, 26 Feb 2010 at 2:25am

Something along those lines. What sort of price are you looking for? If I don't pick anything up soon I might have to take up the offer. Those are killer boards.

clif's picture
clif's picture
clif Friday, 26 Feb 2010 at 3:19am

$100.00

It's got no dings, but is dark purple with black paint sprayed on rails. Structurally it is perfect. It is not a particularly good looking board though haha.

ptaus's picture
ptaus's picture
ptaus Friday, 26 Feb 2010 at 9:39pm

Wish I had of seen your post yesterday. Appreciate the offer though. Picked up a board on the Northern Beaches.