broken surf report, perth

louis's picture
louis started the topic in Tuesday, 9 Feb 2010 at 8:43am

hey, not sure which forum thread this would fall under so move it if you need mods
in the perth surf report section, the weather conditions part and quite possibly the 24 hr wind data are sourced from the wrong place
it says the weather station is Bellambi Pt which is on the East Coast i'm pretty sure, At least there isn't one in perth. Should the data not be sourced from the Swanbourne station so that the readings are actually for perth and not Wollongong
hope this helps
peace, Louis

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 9 Feb 2010 at 7:53pm

hey louis, yeah there's a few locations that seem to be mapped incorrectly - which is annoying as I spent a long time individually mapping each surf report to the most appropriate weather station, rather than each location choosing the 'closest' weather station. Not sure how this happened.

We've also got problems with some of the Vic tides, which are referencing Geelong rather than Port Phillip Heads - hope to have all of those issues sorted shortly.

louis's picture
louis's picture
louis Wednesday, 10 Feb 2010 at 3:18am

yeah its looking at the sububre of scarborough in wollongong which obviously has a weather station real close to it being Bellambi Point, whereas the closest weather station to scarborough beach in perth is almost down near cottesloe (15 mins down the coast)
thanks for looking at it

jakeimus's picture
jakeimus's picture
jakeimus Thursday, 11 Feb 2010 at 4:30pm

yeah on a different topic weres all the swell gone i can't hang out for too much longer doesn't seem like theres much down south either.

rail2rail's picture
rail2rail's picture
rail2rail Friday, 12 Mar 2010 at 3:07am

Perth Surf Report: Friday, 12 March 2010

Clean, but overcast conditions with a small rise in swell. The Rotto buoy has peaked at about 1.25m providing 1-2 foot waves at the "Point of no return".
Winds are 10-15knots from the E/NE, so great conditions with an incoming tide and a variance of about .40m.
May see a kick in swell late Saturday heading into Sunday.
Last night saw the hottest Perth night since 1964!!!

Nice morning for a swim - but not at the point where the likelyhood of being run over is a reality.

Have fun!