Latest Surf Session

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Monday, 1 Feb 2010 at 12:29pm

I thought I would make a thread where you can post about your latest surf..

Haven't been out since the large south swell a week and a half ago.
Scored some fun 3-5ft waves on Tuesday and then had south Curly with only a handful on Wednesday morning.

Was a solid 5-6ft and then it started to pulse to 6-8ft and we were all drifting behind the cliffs towards Freshy. Got a nice big one back into the beach and then off to work.

Surfed the next morning but it was a fatter and inconsistent 3-5ft.

Looking forward to Wednesday onwards :D

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 30 May 2010 at 4:53am

Nice Steve. Real nice...

Surfed a wedgy mid-north coast beachie this morn with five or so fellas on it. Brilliant sunshine, light offshore and four foot peaks with the lefts reeling down the beach. No competition for the sets and I had to hold myself back from taking more than my share. I saw a few waves start hitting the next bank down so bolted down to scoop a few. No-one followed me so I saw the session out on that bank, surfing alone.

While I was out my girl filled in the time at a local market and I met her in the carpark afterward. She had an unexpected gift, a book that I'd been wanting for a while. Thanks hon'...

Next session was at an often-overlooked point break in the area. Being very protected it was only two foot but just perfect. I hit it sans legrope and wearing only boardies. Water was great. Long waves peeling into the little bay where you could see fish darting underneath along the sandy bottom. My own fish - a 5'8" quad - went exceptionally well and felt great on the high-line speed runs.

When I came in my girl had bought me an odd-shaped, heavy glass jar from a bric-a-brac shop run out of a local house. It's beautiful...but, two gifts? Why?

Now we're back home, she's asleep in the arvo half-light and I'm tryin' to figure out what's goin' on. Either she's done something and is gonna break it to me tonight, or she wants something and is gonna ask for it tonight, or maybe I've forgotten something important and she's exaggerrating the punishment.

Fucked if I know, but the surfs real good out front at the moment. Not sure if I should dart into town and buy something or hit the surf for a third session.