Best earplugs for sufers ear'

pooh beach's picture
pooh beach started the topic in Sunday, 23 Feb 2014 at 5:41pm

Gday,

Just had both ears operated on for surfers ear, and now ready for the water.

Can anyone recommend a good set of earplugs for keeping the water out/that I can still hear with in the water?

I have used Sorky earplugs which were awesome but had 3 of them fall out when surfing so am onto my 3rd pair. Worth mentioning that Trigger Bros did replace for me free when the first one came out.

Thanks in advance!

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Monday, 20 Feb 2017 at 11:04am

Gone back to blutak mcsc. More comfortable after a long session and seals the best in big surf. But I've never found in-ear headphones comfortable either.

mcsc's picture
mcsc's picture
mcsc Monday, 20 Feb 2017 at 12:31pm

I'll give the blutac a go Lostdoggy, must be some around here somewhere. Ear infections suck. Cheers mate

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Wednesday, 22 Feb 2017 at 10:13am

I switched to EQ Seals a few months ago ... best plugs I've used yet. Worn them in solid surf and never even felt like loosing them, always seal properly and can hear quite well.
They also help clean out excess wax and def helped clear up a middle ear infection ... tinitus has reduced 50% in both ears too.
I was looking at getting ears done for exotosis also but after using them there is no need in the foreseeable future to get it done.

Average's picture
Average's picture
Average Wednesday, 22 Feb 2017 at 4:09pm

I've been using Surfears 2.0 since December. Previously using silicon buds from Chemist Warehouse.

They're really good for hearing and keeping the water out. But I find they are a little uncomfortable sometimes. The little arm that locks them into your ear annoys me so I don't lock them anymore. I think I'm using the right sized ear pieces (I use medium, comes with 3 sizes) but my ears get itchy and I have to pull out the plug and scratch them once or twice a surf.

I got used to the neck-band and have zero worries about losing them.

All in all, great at keeping water out. Great for hearing. Not as comfortable as moldable plugs. But I'm gonna keep wearing them.

TaliscaAdrian's picture
TaliscaAdrian's picture
TaliscaAdrian Friday, 26 May 2017 at 9:21pm

I have Mack's Aquablock Earplugs and it is great earplug . These earplugs are best to wear while swimming or flying as they perfectly maintain the pressure balance and does not allow water to seep into your ear canals. In addition, these earplugs can even be used for bathing, showering and participating in water sports.This pair is made using the ultra-soft and comfortable silicone so there is no friction between the earplugs and the skin of the ear at all. It will also not deteriorate over time as other earplugs made of plastic do. It is one of the top rated earplug on
http://www.wearplug.com/best-earplugs-for-swimming-reviews/