Tassie set to pump

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 11:51am

Hmmm, Swansea? Hobart points maybe? Mysto breaks south of Dover?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 11:54am

Lots o' swell, lots o' wind and lots o' cold temps. Yep, spot on for Tassie!

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 11:55am

However, no need to reference sensitive locations SD. Love the enthusiasm but let's keep the discussion nice and broad.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 12:09pm

Awww cmon Ben, you guys once documented Mark Visser at Southport with a fine video :) What's good for the goose ;) lol ... And there's heaps on swansea via utube..... Don't worry , I wont mention places like ******* and ******* or *******...
ps - You'd even have to say NSW south coast might rock n roll - http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=swp&noofdays=7

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 12:19pm

Nah, we've never run video from that place - must have been on another website.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 12:23pm

While earlier in the week I would of been all aboard Sheepdog, the latest model runs have pushed the low just a touch too far west and away from the the South Arm's southerly swell window.

The swell now looks to be south-west in direction and nowhere near as big, with the West Coast and South West corner of the state expected to cop the brunt of the low and size.

Still there is hope, as if the low does form just a tad more east than forecast it will be on.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 2:35pm

Thermalben; Yeah might've been too. Sorry "bout that. But I do know the particular spot got worldwide media attention. I think it was the 2011 Billabong big wave awards. Surfer Ben Richardson come to mind. it was also plastered all over News ltd papers. So the spots I have mentioned are certainly no secret. And living in Dover, if I cop a clip behind the ears, it's my problem lol ;) . Also, Craig, there is another spot down here that will pump if the forecast remains cloudy...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 2:50pm

SD, you might be referring to the first paragraph of this article.

But jeez if there's one thing I love about Tassie, it's all of the unique funky locations scattered around its entire coastline. Especially in your neck of the woods! Would love to hear how you get on (broadly speaking.. hehe).

zeta's picture
zeta's picture
zeta Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 4:08pm

Guess mysto or even further down is the best bet as Craig pointed out the swell shifted a bit too far west :(

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 5:32pm

Here's a more detailed update on the outlook, Friday morning still a good possibility: http://swllnt.com/1nMpvOk

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 5:36pm

I love that whole coast, pretty fickle but some absolute gems that get epic every blue moon, if global warming really does kick in I'm seriously moving there.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Wednesday, 19 Feb 2014 at 5:46pm

Ben - same sesh' I think....

Yeah, Indo dreaming. There's a left across the bay from the "Visser right" that breaks once in a blue moon.... Un....freakn.... believable..... BUT!!!!!!! You can wait for a year to get it.....
Zeta - a ferry trip may pay dividends, if you know what I mean...... I'm sure my wife will find something for me to do though..... Just hope it sneaks around a few bays to my local.....

zeta's picture
zeta's picture
zeta Friday, 21 Feb 2014 at 2:13pm

was good fun this morning :), pretty much no wind till 8:20am

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 21 Feb 2014 at 4:36pm

Yeah zeta, was good till about 10.30 down my way. Was starting to go off the boil when I left. Dunno if it was tide , swell or wind that started to ruin it, but a few hours is better than nothing.....

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 23 Feb 2014 at 10:33am

Well, Ben, Craig, sitting here rather "chuffed" with myself :) Waves have been pumping in various locations around the south and east for 3 days..... Psycho dudes will be at sterns today..... "Tasmania's tasmania" ( cryptic clue) has mysto spots firing with not a "cloud" in the sky. What an "adventure".... And I still reckon south coast NSW may fire up tomorrow as a small high forms overnight and the wind drops out. Those with heaps of cash should jump on a plane and head to awesome lefthander Ouano http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Australia_Pacific/New_Caledonia/ouano/inde... . Should have nice long period swell filtering in in a few days. Sure beats Fiji crowds.... From there, head to east coast New Hebrides for possible cyclone action next weekend..... Cheers.

kellyslater's picture
kellyslater's picture
kellyslater Monday, 24 Feb 2014 at 2:06am

Beat the crowds you say.., then bang up info for thousands to read on the net about little known locations. Your thinly veiled attemptes at being cryptic are transparent, your fooling no one except yourself sheepdog.

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Monday, 24 Feb 2014 at 5:56am

Loose lips sink ships.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 24 Feb 2014 at 10:06am

"Kelly", Wesley, Get a grip of yourselves. For starters, I am not the first to document Ouano. BTW , Swellnet provides a detailed surf report for the area - http://www.swellnet.com/reports/south-pacific/new-caledonia/north-west/f... . If both of you would pull your fingers out of you A holes, you'll note this spot is also documented in WANNASURF, GLOBAL SURFERS, WORLD SURFARIS, COASTALWATCH, YOUTUBE, they hold the MELANESIAN TITLES there, and ...... AND....... have built a "maldives/fiji " style SURF CAMP at the break!!!!!! So, if you are going to complain about one obscure blog on this site, please feel free to to write and complain to all the these folk.... Go on... off you go... As for the New Hebrides, have you been there? Do you go there often? I do... Did I mention a particular Island? NO! Would their struggling economy enjoy a few more surfers visiting and spending money like Chopes or Ouano, or should we keep the locals on a diet of reef fish and yams just so Kelly and Wesley MIGHT visit one day to get their greedy fill of waves to themselves.? As for Tasmania, I LIVE HERE...... I SURF HERE.... BY MYSELF MOSTLY.... One of the "cryptic" breaks I mentioned is in Swellnets SURF REPORTS AND FORECASTS! Please feel free to write to SWELLNET and complain..... Get it removed! My little tassie area, (the "southwest") has been ECONOMICALLY DECIMATED in recent years thanks to inept government decisions. Every second house is for sale..... But what would Kellyslater and wesley care? You'd like to lock these areas away in the off chance you MIGHT come here 2days a year and get some uncrowded waves..... Screw the folk that live here right? If we can get maybe 50 to 100 extra surfers per year coming here, perhaps the odd one may consider living here, perhaps one or two jobs might be saved..... Selfish.....

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Monday, 24 Feb 2014 at 10:10am

Talking about the tas references mate, not New Cal. Might come down two days of the year? You're talking about my locals mate. I rarely see anyone. Who are you? You know my name.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Monday, 24 Feb 2014 at 11:14am

I've calmed down now Wes..... Sorry bout that...... Who's to say that's your real name..... Any way. I'm down in Dover. The only other guys I know that surf down here are a bloke named Todd, Pauly, and his boogy boarding mate from geeveston.... I get a few waves at my local from time to time.... I sent Ben a couple of "inhouse photos". the other day. I'd hereby give Ben permission to send them to you if he wanted to. Perhaps email ben and he may do so..... Wes, you'll note I didn't mention ******, which is around the corner from where the photos were taken (btw wasnt quite enough swell for ******). I also didn't mention any other breaks near my cryptic clues . I have only mentioned breaks that are extensively known in the surfing world. Earlier in the thread, i mentioned that "Visser" spot, which was documented WORLDWIDE in the Billabong big wave challenge of 2011. Don't worry, man. I wont mention any spot that hasn't already been documented...... never would..... Might see you one day at the photo'd spot. I'll let you fade me in the pit. Then we're even ;)

wesley's picture
wesley's picture
wesley Monday, 24 Feb 2014 at 9:38pm

No stress from me mate, there are actually quite a few people who surf down this way, I'm surprised you've not come across them. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the swell and got a few waves. Wasn't trying to pick an argument or anything, enough arguing goes on here as it is and it's BORING! Will no doubt bump into you down here one day. And it is my real name too.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Tuesday, 25 Feb 2014 at 10:18am

Cheers, Wes. Don't get into the water as much as I'd like these days.... The commitments of life..... Holidays and the odd weekend when I can escape early is about it.... So, on a coast that is fickle and demands driving/hunting see's me getting fatter and more unfit by the day. hehehe... Cheers, man. Mark.