Warp drive fins

Roy Stuart's picture
Roy Stuart started the topic in Sunday, 19 Jan 2014 at 8:51am
Roy Stuart's picture
Roy Stuart's picture
Roy Stuart Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 7:14pm

From shaper Paul Cannon of Napier posted on FB:

"so mylo my mate i posted those photos of recently.. finally stuck the warp drive fin on his board in the last two day . surfing the rivermouth.. like i really tried hard to get him to try it. but hes a skeptic so it sat in a draw for 3 months. anyway i was hassling and he finally chucked it on . i saw him to day and he was RAVING about it. this is a surfer of 40 years and tried a lot of stuff. Roy told me that the fin he made for me was a bit too small for a mal . but we did it anyway ..so he was tripping on it basically. saying the differences and improvement wasnt subtle. it was obvious . he as asked me to get him a longer version and i am gunna set one of my boards up . comments like having a "turbo". like driving on dirt and then changing to new ashpalt. and it " blew me away ".. So Thanks ROy cant wait to try some other shit from you brother.."

So dial 'em fellow riders!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 8:00pm

Tested on what sort of board mal mid or short ?
Roy send some demo fins to swellnet .........Ben and Stu will even cover the postage.
Neal purchase junior would be a good tester.
Caml feel like testing a new fin at gnarloo ?

Roy Stuart's picture
Roy Stuart's picture
Roy Stuart Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 7:55pm

Hi Udo

Myles used the 6.5" fin on a 9 footer, not sure if he was using sidebites as well or not.

I'm open to the suggestion, I have dealt with Stu he's a straight shooter.

What sort of boards does Neal ride?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 8:04pm

Short Singles mainly I think.........some with side bites, a very popular model of his is 'the quartet'
check his website .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 3 Jun 2014 at 5:05am

Roy, can you give us some info on the ' 3D fiberglass ' you are using ?