Board couriers

westside's picture
westside started the topic in Monday, 6 Feb 2023 at 11:21pm

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a courier they've had a good experience with recently?

Looking to get a shorty from Sydney to Ballina/ Lennox/ Byron.

Cheers,
Chris

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 6:56am
westside's picture
westside's picture
westside Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 9:58am

Cheers Ben. I saw those but they're pretty old threads - keen to see who's currently doing runs up the east coast.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 12:24pm

SURF FREIGHT….Nick Browne…go to the web page and see the calendar and price list…can’t go wrong.

morg's picture
morg's picture
morg Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 1:33pm

How is is that some of them want to charge freight insurance and take no responsibility for damaging the surfboard? Isn’t that their job to deliver it safely and in the same conditions as it was provided to them? Seems really suss to me.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 2:01pm

Suss indeed..Last time i got a board delivered from Byron to Sydney i wanted to take photos of the insides of the truck trailer thingy..They wouldn't let me for robbery type reasons i suspect but it was impressive- all the good boards in their separate padded shelves and benches.

Anyone handy with shipping boards to east coast from NW Aus or back again? might be moving to gosford soon, like 5 weeks time and no time to sell about 8 boards, as well as fridges, washing machine etc.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 2:38pm

WTF -5 weeks is Heaps of time to Advertise and Sell 8 Boards etc
Would be 1K for 8 boards West to East wouldnt it ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 2:41pm

I havent looked but shipping my 4wd with load full of stuff is about $1.5k

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 2:50pm

How much was your D.S. or McNeill East to West ?
Check Train Price for your Car....but they may have a Height limit these Days?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 2:52pm

i think around $80 each from memory maybe $100, i forget now, i want to keep the RTT as it will be good for box head the long burger wave it is...Anyway want to sell all my mini guns and funboards before i go might have to drop my prices, not many buying around here lately in west oz surfless summer..

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 2:59pm

Your D.S. Freight was $190.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 3:05pm

ok you are very wise udo.Not sure how you found that out but pretty sure you are on the mark.
Think it was $190 now, shipping from here though could be a drama though.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 4:56pm

What i mean is i dont think couriers rotate back east from Kalbarri, only from cities like gero or Perth to here and off on their way again.I dont know of any couriers here,.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm

Are you talking a trailer? If not, it pays to buy a trailer and sell it on the east coast.

That way you can advertise your surfboards across the country (Adelaide etc.) and sell some surboards on the way.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 5:33pm

Why not do a slow surf trip across the paddock? Sell as you go if needing too , or are you on a schedule ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 5:47pm

No schedule sf but my lease here expires in march and new place over east- lease starts in july...A very slow surf trip across the nullabor could be a great idea, just im really paranoid about sharks and spots like blackfellows etc...Oh well i liked SW margs coast so will be ok i guess...Im only really needing to sell boards i dont use anymore such as mini guns 6'6 + for 5 foot plus or hollow waves i now ride a lid on instead.Im just better at bodyboarding even when i only ride one three times a year..Just find it easier in critical waves.Also selling 1x 7'2 fun NSP piece of shit board.

Thanks for the suggestion flollo i will think about that.Sounds like a good plan.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 5:50pm

Hard to drive past cactus and streaky , have a good trip .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 5:52pm

Groundy did they ever fix up your unit after the Cyclone Damage ?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 7 Feb 2023 at 6:21pm
Supafreak wrote:

Hard to drive past cactus and streaky , have a good trip .

Yeah a coupld of people have pointed me in the direction of some pretty fun sounding waves in south oz Just hope i dont run into beasts like men in gray suits or Uplift eating his 24 eggs for breaky.

udo wrote:

Groundy did they ever fix up your unit after the Cyclone Damage ?

That's why im moving, no they didnt fix it just put up plywood my room mate paid for.I can't say too much but im suiing them for breaching several acts in the lease agreement and not giving a shit about people like me paying full rent.
I may regret it as i love Kalbarri and might never be able to move back here since im sueing the only real estate agent in town.