Show us ya wettie tub

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Monday, 9 Jan 2023 at 6:45am

I think we covered the periphery of this topic a few years back, and I'm pretty sure Craig got the gong for the most disgusting wettie tub on offer.

So, time for everyone to upload a pic of their tub, once wetties are removed, straight out of the tray/boot etc, no adjustments!

Here's mine. I am willing and able to confirm the following

* two tubes of zinc (Key Sun Clear, recently bought) and a Coles tinted one, that's been empty for about two years
* one tub of Lucas paw paw ointment (half full, and solidified on one side as it's been on its side, in a constant melt/set cycle for months now)
* cardboard wrapper from two blocks of wax
* ten pieces of 1/8th wax, eight of which are covered in gravel after dropping 'em on the side of the road
* case of silicone ear plugs, bought six months ago, of which I used one set once, and have since only remembered 'em after the first duckdive of each surf
* two fin keys, one partially rusted
* eleven fins from four different sets, none of which have been used in five years
* set of FCS-2 'spacers' in a zip lock bag (also not used in a couple of years)

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:53pm

From recollection Freeride won the last instalment hands down. Sad to say but my wettie bucket is clean, I rinse my gear in it after each surf. However, I have a tub for the schmetz,...
20230112-132334

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:57pm

I think that was the entire back of my Camry which has now gone to Toyota heaven.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 5:13pm

Yes the surfmobile. It made an impression here!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 6:36pm

My bucket/s have tons of stuff- very similar to Bens. Old sunscreen, random fins, old grimy earplugs, assorted booties and gloves etc. But, some other stuff too- vinegar for the summertime sea-lice you get here- the fuckers leave welts. Also cat food because I like to feed stray cats. Leggies too- always keep a couple of brand new ones on hand. The gum containers are good for keeping wax in as well.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 7:52pm

x3 0 60

There's a bit of everything here, from the usual wax, zinc, wax comb, allen key and spare grub screws, spare leggie string, to a can of Bushman's insect repellant, tyre plugs for a flat tyre, and also a tourniquet for shark bites.
Still not sure if the thing would grip on itself if there was blood everywhere, it's just strip of rubber but you could tuck it in your wettie and take it out in the surf with you.
Reckon something with a ratchet or windlass would be the go but obviously wouldn't fit in the wettie.
And there's always bog roll and a trowel in the back, the cigarette lighter is in the front of the car.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:13pm
AndyM wrote:

x3 0 60

There's a bit of everything here, from the usual wax, zinc, wax comb, allen key and spare grub screws, spare leggie string, to a can of Bushman's insect repellant, tyre plugs for a flat tyre, and also a tourniquet for shark bites.
Still not sure if the thing would grip on itself if there was blood everywhere, it's just strip of rubber but you could tuck it in your wettie and take it out in the surf with you.
Reckon something with a ratchet or windlass would be the go but obviously wouldn't fit in the wettie.
And there's always bog roll and a trowel in the back, the cigarette lighter is in the front of the car.

Nice @Andy M.
Crazy, the only other people that generally carry torniquets are those that go to war. Get your mind around that as part of your kit for a leisurely past time.
Go the Bronze zinc. Member for life!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:16pm
zenagain wrote:

My bucket/s have tons of stuff- very similar to Bens. Old sunscreen, random fins, old grimy earplugs, assorted booties and gloves etc. But, some other stuff too- vinegar for the summertime sea-lice you get here- the fuckers leave welts. Also cat food because I like to feed stray cats. Leggies too- always keep a couple of brand new ones on hand. The gum containers are good for keeping wax in as well.

Legendary @zen. And the cat food!! Ahh you're a saint.
Like a mobile surfshop/petstore! Wanna know where the waves are good? Follow the cats! hehe

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm

hahaha @thermalben. All those fins. They're like socks ay!!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:23pm

Bronzinc is the shit!
Getting hard to find, I believe they've stopped making it or something, hence checking out Surfmud and other stuff.
I've travelled around the world with a handful of Bronzinc tubes because I was deathly afraid of running out.
It's like an old friend.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:33pm

Here we go, on the TGA's website it says that on 22nd February 2021,

BRONZINC SPF 30+ BROAD SPECTRUM CREAM Cream tube Cancelled under Section 30(1)(c) of the Act

The goods can no longer be imported, manufactured or exported from Australia by the sponsor unless the goods are otherwise exempt or approved under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act).

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:51pm

@AndyM , a mate put me onto this stuff and it’s pretty good. Non greasy, it’s white but when rubbed in its clear , doesn’t run into your eyes and lasts a good 4 hours. It’s not thick like bronze zinc and I actually prefer it . Cost me $23 online, can’t buy in shops , don’t need much either a little bit goes a long way . A04-E99-F7-4-EE1-4-FD0-BBD5-7-D67-C1-B2-DBC3
5877-C74-E-5600-4908-AC5-F-2-BE04-C34-F53-D

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:49pm

Shit! Ive got a quarter tube still lurking in my car. Might b a collectors item!! Theres a goid organic one from over this way. Maybe from Yals.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 8:56pm

Thanks Super, I'll make a note of it.

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:56pm
AndyM wrote:

Here we go, on the TGA's website it says that on 22nd February 2021,

BRONZINC SPF 30+ BROAD SPECTRUM CREAM Cream tube Cancelled under Section 30(1)(c) of the Act

The goods can no longer be imported, manufactured or exported from Australia by the sponsor unless the goods are otherwise exempt or approved under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act).

Don’t follow the above…. has TGA cancelled approval as it doesn’t meet health guidelines?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 7:54am

I remember that Bronze Zinc from when I was a grommet! Haven't seen it in decades.

Def give the Key Sun Clear Zinke a shot.. it's the best stuff I have ever used.

Trust me, I'm bald.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 8:32am

geez john howard was bald.....mmm......anyway i agree as i have found key sun zinc pretty good, better than anything else ive tried...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 8:38am

You can forget about this one for awhile 23836150-63-E9-43-F0-9-D16-82-E59-C69-EC45