Has anybody found my Petal to the Metal?

82shoes's picture
82shoes started the topic in Saturday, 10 Jul 2021 at 7:25pm

My son's board to be accurate .... he left his board in the carpark at Coolangatta beach (opposite Maccas) on Tuesday evening.
Petal to the Metal= locally shaped board (Ash Ward)

82shoes's picture
82shoes's picture
82shoes Saturday, 10 Jul 2021 at 7:29pm

See photos here:
https://ibb.co/z4j4t1y
https://ibb.co/LCXRR0s

If you can't see the photos it's a 6'1" swallowtail, performance style thruster.
White with nice cream and red fins and a cream "octopus is real" deck grip.

It would be great if it turns up, never a nice feeling leaving a board behind ..... thanks guys

Jeremy Clayton's picture
Jeremy Clayton's picture
Jeremy Clayton Saturday, 10 Jul 2021 at 7:34pm

Man that sucks!! I’ll keep an ear out!!

Rusty Forest's picture
Rusty Forest's picture
Rusty Forest Sunday, 11 Jul 2021 at 7:49pm

How do you leave a board behind? He never will again. Sometimes life lessons suck, this one does in volumes. BTW my son did the same, from that day on he had to pay for his own boards.

Harsh, yes.

Did he ever do it again?

No.

82shoes's picture
82shoes's picture
82shoes Monday, 12 Jul 2021 at 8:05pm
Rusty Forest wrote:

How do you leave a board behind? He never will again. Sometimes life lessons suck, this one does in volumes. BTW my son did the same, from that day on he had to pay for his own boards.

Harsh, yes.

Did he ever do it again?

No.

He paid for it himself thank goodness. I reckon it's like forgetting to tie a ladder or similar down on roof racks, sometimes comes down to getting distracted, we all make mistakes and kick ourselves later.....
I have more of an issue with someone picking a board up knowing it's not theirs and thinking it now is. Anyway, there's still time for the person to respond with empathy.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 12 Jul 2021 at 8:13pm

For sure, shit happens. Hope your young fella gets it back. Harsh lesson no doubt about it but how nice is it when your faith in humanity is restored.

Fingers crossed.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Monday, 12 Jul 2021 at 8:49pm

I left my mates board in the car park a while back [stoner idiot I am]. Luckily an honest person found it and I got it back. Repayed the gentlman with a bottle of Jack.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 8:58am

Good luck 82.

I left my Campbell Bros Bonzer at a local beach last year. Drove home, had a coffee, then went back for another look at the waves. There was my board on the footpath, right on the busy south coast road. Whoops!

At the moment I'm so scatterbrained that I could see myself doing it again.

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 11:08am

I can beat that.point Leo,early seventies.drove home and forgot my mate who came down with me.he still drags it out of the vault now and then

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 11:14am

my pal left a Brewer in the carpark overnight at Margs.

still there next morning.

Hope your son gets its back 82.

try Facey?

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 12:52pm

My wife [bless her cotten socks] found the one I lost through Facey, Located it 7hrs after I left it behind. It all depends on the person that "found" it 82.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 1:38pm
toneranger wrote:

I can beat that.point Leo,early seventies.drove home and forgot my mate who came down with me.he still drags it out of the vault now and then

That’s gold.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 3:37pm
toneranger wrote:

Did you make it all the way home before you remembered about him?

toneranger's picture
toneranger's picture
toneranger Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 5:56pm

Yep.all the way.luckily he got a lift from some other crew we knew.

82shoes's picture
82shoes's picture
82shoes Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 6:45pm

Some classic comments above, thanks guys.
I forgot to mention his nickname is on the stringer "Jerry"
And yep, it's on FB, Insta and Gummy I think as well

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 9:28pm

I have a soft board found a couple of years ago at Torquay in the car park next to the surf club. It was late, it had been there for about four hours and there was no one around so I grabbed it. Took it to the cop station, but it was closed - rang up later and they didn't want it. Advertised it on local facebook pages, but no one claimed it. Left a message with the surf club and posted notices there. I still have it. If it's yours, describe it and I'll personally deliver it to you.