Breath Enhancement Training

thermalben's picture
thermalben started the topic in Monday, 4 Feb 2019 at 3:05pm

Did a refresher course over the weekend with Nam Baldwin through his Breath Enhancement Training (BET) course. I first did one of Nam's courses in Narrabeen four or five years ago, so I essentially went back to try and remember everything I'd forgotton since. 

Can't recommend his courses highly enough. You'll learn things about the body that you had no idea about, and he'll teach you all kinds of techniques to help cope with difficult surf situations (big waves, hold downs etc). Didn't have a solution for overcrowding though.

Anyone else done this course before?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben commented Monday, 4 Feb 2019 at 3:06pm

Here's a video from back in 2012.

Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone's picture
Nick Bone commented Monday, 4 Feb 2019 at 7:22pm

Always been interested. Only training ive done is PB's in the bath haha.

It look as though learning would have to be believing with video!? Shoulder wriggling increases time underwater??

P.S Song choic?? hehe

Doublems111's picture
Doublems111's picture
Doublems111 commented Monday, 4 Feb 2019 at 10:07pm

Booked in for March. I have not heard anything other than positives from pro's and bro's... IMO if you can even learn one little thing that enhances your surfing its an afternoon well spent.

Horas's picture
Horas's picture
Horas commented Monday, 4 Feb 2019 at 11:10pm

Not this one but done a bit of free dive courses ,would be similar? It's a trip getting down to 30 meters,about 15 fathom, on the rope. Bliss and so peaceful man .It's all about reeelaxing and comes in handy when faced with a couple of bigger ones .Cheers

Horas