cleaning up your act

timm's picture
timm started the topic in Tuesday, 26 Sep 2017 at 5:57pm

I see in the Mason Ho Down video you feature Koby Abberton, a shoplifter and a thug.
When will you stop supporting people who behave badly?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 6:57am

Epic story, Zen.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 6:59am

That's a good story to start the day with Zen.

asharper001's picture
asharper001's picture
asharper001 Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 9:28am

Don't be embarrassed about the sarong brother....embrace it.

I remember watching "Dave Allen at Large" all those years ago and remember where he was saying when he passed on he wanted to go to hell. Reasoning being (para-phrasing here) up in Heaven, all you do is sit around all day on clouds and play harps which would be boring, where in hell there will be drinking, smoking, gambling etc. Sounded like heaven.

As for Izzy and lawyers, this is an old joke and one Dave Allen used....

Heaven and Hell are separated by a fence. The fence has fallen into disrepair, and there is a dispute between God and the Devil as to who is responsible for fixing it. After some argument God threatens to get a lawyer. The devil says, "where are you going to find a lawyer?"

At the end of Dave's shows, always signed off with 'May your god go with you'. Catered to all religions with that one little sign-off.

P'tai's picture
P'tai's picture
P'tai Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 9:36am

Ha ha, two belly laughs in one morning!!! what a great start to the day.......

asharper001's picture
asharper001's picture
asharper001 Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 9:55am

G'day P'tai,

An old Dave Allen from you tube;

The story at 3:18 has a cracker of a punchline.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 9:59am

Reminds of the Netflix show 'Lucifer' with the devil describing hell as being like an 'endless loop with Nickelback on repeat'.

P'tai's picture
P'tai's picture
P'tai Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 11:29am

Hey Asharper001,

Thanks for that, true genius. Brings back the memories of my dad and I crying with laughter in the lounge room and mum shaking her head in dispair!!!

Laurie McGinness's picture
Laurie McGinness Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 11:59am

Freedom of speech? No thanks we're Australian!

"Today, for the first time ever and in a demonstration of unity, ABC, News Corp, and Nine Entertainment executives will speak at the National Press Club about freedom of the press. This is a hot issue in the wake of the AFP raids on the ABC and the home of journalist Annika Smethurst. But the curtailing of democratic freedoms is bigger than the press. New “espionage” laws could capture the critical work NGOs and advocates do in holding our government to account.
Changes to espionage laws passed in 2018 - and backed by both major parties - criminalise dissent. These laws could be used to target think tanks and other NGOs whose advocacy is unflattering to the government of the day.
The laws are dangerous and undemocratic. They make it a crime to publish information that could prejudice Australia’s national security if the publisher is reckless in assessing the potential national security risk. This might not sound shocking but the devil is in the detail. The definition of “national security” goes beyond the usual concepts of defence and counter-terrorism, extending to Australia’s international political or economic relations. That broad definition could capture reporting or advocacy on Australia’s export or import commodities, like iron ore, coal, gold, natural gas and even education.
Making the new laws even wider in application, information does not have to be classified, nor does it have to be leaked from a government source. That is, the laws don’t just target spies and whistleblowers, they criminalise publication of any sensitive information. The penalties are severe - some as high as 25 years or life imprisonment.
The laws are so broad that, if they had existed at the time, they could have been used to prosecute reporting on and advocacy about the live export trade - because the end to the practice had an impact on Australia’s economic relations with importing countries. The new laws could also capture submissions by NGOs to international bodies, like the United Nations, for example in relation to the treatment of refugees and asylum-seekers. As these examples show, the laws go far beyond anything required to protect Australians from “national security” threats, even if that is how the laws are framed. Rather, the laws reflect an attempt to silence criticism of governments and the acts they carry out in our name."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/dangerous-and-undemocratic-reworked-espi...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019 at 5:15pm

Interesting, Laurie.

I remember the first time you really came to the fore in my consciousness was an old climate change thread when you said that those who question climate change should face persecution with the laying of criminal charges.

Not all free speech is equal ?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 28 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm

Izzy didnt mind having his pic on the cover of Star Observer a few years ago ? ?

Laurie McGinness Friday, 28 Jun 2019 at 5:30pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 28 Jun 2019 at 6:30pm

It is a surprise that he would agreed to that, but im sure he has also been drunk, lied, stolen something, shagged some girl he isn't married too.

I guess the idea is you repent and its all cool.,

Adam71's picture
Adam71's picture
Adam71 Friday, 28 Jun 2019 at 8:00pm

UDO, have a go at this one, hypocrisy noes no bound with Izzy
http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/sport/bingham-cup/a-rugby-tournament...

Adam71's picture
Adam71's picture
Adam71 Friday, 28 Jun 2019 at 8:02pm
udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 30 Jun 2019 at 2:01pm

Peter Fitzsimons gave Izzy a decent spray today..

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 9:51am

Udo , can you imagine how the media have been hunting for dirt on Israel , and all they come across are really positive comments from his ex team mates and coaches....he seems to have lived a pretty clean life compared to most australian sportsman, hasn't physically abused women , kids or anyone else....has quoted the Bible , become a pastor , offers a solution if you think hell is real ......can't really see the incredible damage he has done to any gay people , starting to look like " I wonder if he was white and an ozzy bogan would he be facing the same scrutiny?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 2:44pm

'A list' Bullies are now hailed as martyrs in a world full of cowardly nameless trolls.

Vacuous Celeb's shit for brains ranting is now a misconstrued message from above.
Sport brats are paid millions to bite the hand & send us to Hell or to rob the blind.
Comedians bully every single Australian to win Gold Logie then laugh in our face.
Me too fueled TV #1 sharp tongue female comedians, never say a nice word ever.

Bullies run the World...UK / US / OZ...each Govt's spiteful record 50+ resignations.
The most unstable,insecure,hateful & greedy govt's of modern era...Trolls paradise!
tbb is referring to Right Wing Govt's self hatred...timid opposition has no chance.
NZ coalition was ruled as being too nice by cowardly OZ bully...{R.IP}

Armies of Trolls ramp it up to get 'like' knighted from shitstirrer Celebrity Troll.

Last Fed election was a battle for Heaven and Hell...(Most were to busy to notice)
How do we know?
tbb's Gold Coast/Qld has largest Christians/Pentecostals in Oz = #1 Lib vote 2019
Regions within States that are least religious reflect Labor vote tally eg: ACT...
Shorten denounced God + wished voluntary State School religion class & chaplains.
The Devil igniting the Holy War.
Religious Bullies insist total control over all School kidz & to demmonish queer ones.

Biggest problem with that is the Christian Bullies are the most dangerous of all.
Christian criminals bully Earth.(No religious crime wave comes close!) Pure Evil!
Christians fill most prison cells in the world & most in #1 Christian heartland U.S.

When the Pope dies & on non Holy Days the crime rate plummets to zero...(Heaven)
With a new Pope & on Christian Holy days the crime rate soars...(Hell unleashes)
Nope! tbb is not making that up,anyone can read about it anywhere.

Oz Pollies regard Scomo as most powerful, not for bullying PM mate out of top Job.
Overturning wartime treaty on Refugee,Migration,Maritime laws of 150 countries.
Scomo remains the only Oz Pollie so powerful to overrule Oz/World Law...(Not PM)

1st step in taking over the world...you lot of sinners are next...[YES] means [NO]

Leviticus:19 28 'Israel remove your tatts or join sinners in Hell'.
Pentecostals are simply crowd funding to remove Izzie's non erotic nipple tattoos .
Not 'cause he's metro or anything...Church argues he's more the rugged camp type.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/45/8f/ca458fbcbcedb5dc31938bce473fcaff...

Right nipple tatt' never brushes his brothers & none perved at non gay Bonds ad!
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/0de08e7eea5f984ab94c4db58722e982

As you can see Izzie's tattoos are concealed by his fetching sports bra ensemble.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Israel+Folau+Australian+Wallabies+Tra...

note: Israel only plays Rugger to sniff out manhandling demons...(Nothing Suss!)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 4:03pm

"Udo , can you imagine how the media have been hunting for dirt on Israel , and all they come across are really positive comments from his ex team mates and coaches....he seems to have lived a pretty clean life compared to most australian sportsman, hasn't physically abused women , kids or anyone else....has quoted the Bible , become a pastor , offers a solution if you think hell is real ......can't really see the incredible damage he has done to any gay people , starting to look like " I wonder if he was white and an ozzy bogan would he be facing the same scrutiny?"

I was 100% with you until the last line.

BTW. True bashers post above is super ironic, Izzy aint no bullie, he is being bullied at the highest degree possible, dude has lost his job and what he loves and been made out to look like some bad guy for what?

Saying the a whole heap of what he or his religion considers sinners are going to hell if they don't repent, according to his meme every single one of us is going to hell if we don't repent.

Do you care, do i care?....no i don't give a fuck because i don't believe in hell.

It's a complete joke that people are offended.

I think this meme sums it up perfectly .https://imgur.com/a/zJuh094

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 4:36pm

"know your rights... you have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it" Clash.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 5:39pm

No-one denied Izzy free speech. He signed a contract that had certain conditions. The honest straight forward thing to do, if he felt he could no longer abide by its terms was to approach Rugby Australia and renegotiate it. Instead he deliberately breached its terms twice. The first time he was warned not to do it again, but he did. He at all times retained his right to free speech, but lost his right to his job. The consequences of this case are quite serious. In many ways it is to be hoped that he wins since it would make it very difficult for employers to silence their employees on matters of conscience. It is worth remembering however that it cuts both ways. If he has the right to say that homosexuals will go to hell, then presumably others would have similar rights in terms of his behaviour and beliefs. Previous High Court decisions have made it clear that the rights pertaining to religious belief also apply for agnostics and atheists. Watch out Izzy, the Flying Spaghetti Monster has his bowl of pasta boiling nicely, a couple of centuries should get you to al dente!

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 6:54pm

If only the media would focus on things that matter... instead it's this whirlwind of confusion and wedge tactics to keep us fighting for scraps at the trough while all that is good and just in the world is viewed as an anecdote. In the context of the media promoting "thugs", the real thugs run around committing mass genocide (and getting paid, BIG TIME $$$)

Ignorance, stupidity and greed - hallmarks of the devil?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:14pm

Oz schools -Oz PM -Queen's Governor General-Izrael all singing 1,000 tongues.
New order #1. The PM set agenda outside of Parliament last Xmas.
Cradle to grave (A-Z) conversion of non believers ...One of Us! One of Us!

PM/GG/Try Tally/Free Religion/Anti gay congregation is super ironic...(Really?)
tbb is sick & has poor eyesight but is only half as blind as most of the flock.

Wake up Australia & read between the lines of today's Newspaper...(Plain to see!)
GG's wife hula hoops while reciting the Bible & non believers aren't welcome.
Even her husband had to convert to her flock,Scomo worships GG Linda not Davey.

US christians deny a host of civil rights to non believers, the same is unfolding here.

ABS show Majority of Youth denounce religion yet it is entrenched in State Schools.
Argument being in a free world each religion has a right to teach in Oz schools.
OZ has 120 religions =24/hr day x 5 days/wk for brainwashing.(Eat/drink/sleep = 0)
24/7 Sunday school is what OZ just voted for...No sissies allowed!

Oz Majority [YES VOTE] is soon to be repealed for the following...(Base list!)
Schools,employment,provision of goods & services,buses,facilities,accom,charities.

tbb swears on scomo's bible he is not making any of this up...it is there for all to see.
re: above! Scomo can & will repeal Oz Human Rights...tbb is preaching to converted!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:44pm

""Udo , can you imagine how the media have been hunting for dirt on Israel , and all they come across are really positive comments from his ex team mates and coaches....he seems to have lived a pretty clean life compared to most australian sportsman, hasn't physically abused women , kids or anyone else....has quoted the Bible , become a pastor , offers a solution if you think hell is real ......can't really see the incredible damage he has done to any gay people , starting to look like " I wonder if he was white and an ozzy bogan would he be facing the same scrutiny?"

I was 100% with you until the last line."

Totally agree indod. It was a good post ...until the last line.

I actually think if he was an 'ozzy bogan' he'd be facing more scrutiny, way more!

or would have been shut down a lot sooner, way sooner...

The indictrination process of, you know what, means he was allowed more space, as he's from a more traditional, more conservative culture, so we give him space. And that"s a good thing!

tolerance...

acceptance...

The fact that the 'diversity' peddlers are losing their shit over this cracks me up. It's all about peace, love, and diversity...

...until one of their exotic fetishes doesn't conform to their cultish doctrine of diversity that is...

This is diversity!!

Traditional meets contemporary, religious meets secular, you can't have it both ways.

You either support 'diversity' or not, and this is where this word has become the most nauseating trope of contemporary discourse.

The corporates are all over it now ...belatedly, at a time when it has lost any meaning or significance for a lot of people. It's actually counterproductive, gets the hackles up instantly, because it's been totally overcooked, overplayed. But the corperates are pushing it vehemently, ...20 years behind the curve 30 even. An instant turn off, as soon as I hear it, I think to myself, are you really that out of touch? both were you to the culture 20 years ago - when it had a place, and to the culture now - when it has become meaningless.

"BTW. True bashers post above is super ironic, Izzy aint no bullie, he is being bullied at the highest degree possible, dude has lost his job and what he loves and been made out to look like some bad guy for what?

Saying the a whole heap of what he or his religion considers sinners are going to hell if they don't repent, according to his meme every single one of us is going to hell if we don't repent.

Do you care, do i care?....no i don't give a fuck because i don't believe in hell.

It's a complete joke that people are offended."

Exactly, get the fuck over it.

A whole heap of the world see the world as falou does, that's their perogative...

And a whole heap of the world don't give a fuck, that's their perogative too...

This is diversity!

How about some actual fucking tolerance for those of differing opinions. Or even better acceptance!!

Once again ....the irony burns....

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:36pm

Laurie McGinness

His contract is irrelevant it doesn't over ride the law of the land.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:37pm

Tolerance? As in not attacking people on the basis of their sexuality ........ or do you mean we should tolerate intolerance?

Laurie McGinness Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:49pm

Indo, that is the point the case will be decided upon. As it stands there is no clear law ensuring freedom of speech. Regardless of the outcome, it shows a lack of integrity to sign a contract that you intend to break without notification or negotiation. All business involves a degree of trust and very often that is more important than the contracts as people operate with respect for those they deal with.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:51pm

"Tolerance? As in not attacking people on the basis of their sexuality ........ or do you mean we should tolerate intolerance?"

As long as he's not attacking anyone personally he should be able to say whatever he wants, convey his beliefs, especially considering he's some kind of minister I believe?

Maybr rugby australia, or whatever team he plays for, should have thought about that before hiring him

"No-one denied Izzy free speech. He signed a contract that had certain conditions. "

Personally I think these contracts are overbearing, he's entitled to a work life and a private life. Its up to the public whether they listen to him or not...

Same goes for the piss head, drug taking womanisers...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 7:55pm

Agree sypkan

Tolerance that people can have different morals and views and even if we don't agee with them, even if we think those views are crazy we are still tolerant to the fact people have different views and morals etc. (as long as within the law)

For instance most us don't care what others people sexual choice is and we don't see it as a sin that people are gay etc, but people should still have the right to think certain sexual choices are a sin or bad etc.

It's no different to vegans that think people who eat meat are bad.

I wish Izzy was a full on vegan and it also had meat eaters are going to hell, would have made it all more interesting and less predictable.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 8:27pm

Aaah so are you cool with anti-semitism, racism, and neo-Nazis? Or is it just homophobia you want to make acceptable?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 8:43pm

Nah I'm cool with all of it...

to a degree

It's called the 'battle of ideas'

Too much suppresion leads to a dark place, that's where we are now. Where the bounce back to some form of natural equillibrium is confronting for some, but long over due, expected and somewhat inevitable for others...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 8:44pm

...even if we don't particularly like what we see...

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 8:54pm

Tolerating intolerance?

when it comes to a pluralistic, multi-cultural country that enjoys religious freedom you pretty much have to.
Every religious text is retrograde . Every religious text preaches intolerance.

If you want to have a country where people are free to believe and practice religion than by definition you are tolerating intolerance.

Laurie McGinness Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 8:56pm

Maybe you should take this down to the basement ....... where it belongs.

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 9:07pm

It's got nothing to do with free speech.
He is free to talk without breaking any law and did so. And rightly so his employer has the right to decide if his 'manner' is befitting of its organisations ideals and the terms of his employment. Don't like it? Then start your own business.....oh oh...your a footy '''star''' and can't do that... Well .then suck it up.

It's not fuckinv primary school kids.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 9:14pm

"Tolerating intolerance?

when it comes to a pluralistic, multi-cultural country that enjoys religious freedom you pretty much have to.
Every religious text is retrograde . Every religious text preaches intolerance.

If you want to have a country where people are free to believe and practice religion than by definition you are tolerating intolerance."

Exactly!

(well I think we're agreeing, ...not exactly sure...)

It's the 'tolerating intolerance' that's gotten way out of whack

...too much intolerance from the zealots!....and that's not referring to the traditional zealots ie. the 'religious' ones...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 9:52pm

"It's got nothing to do with free speech.
He is free to talk without breaking any law and did so. And rightly so his employer has the right to decide if his 'manner' is befitting of its organisations ideals and the terms of his employment. Don't like it? Then start your own business.....oh oh...your a footy '''star''' and can't do that... Well .then suck it up.

It's not fuckinv primary school kids."

That's all fair enough happyas

But like anything, this hasn't happened in a void. If we look at the wider picture of the last 10-20 years, even longer, this has happened in a climate where one religion is highly scrutinised for every minor indiscretion. Meanwhile, another religion has literally gotten away with murder, along with extreme homophibia and racism ....free of any criticism whatsoever...

It's unfortunate that gay people have been sucked into this vortex, and one would argue totally unneccesary in this day and age, but that's where we are at.

Maybe if we talked about australian values acrosss the whole range of religions, rather than condemning one and fetishising others it could have been avoided...

but that's where we are...

"Maybe if we talked about australian values acrosss the whole range of religions,"

This is what's really required now, like REALLY really required!!! but we're so bunkered down and stymied by the legacies of the road to this place I cannot see that happening anytime soon.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 11:15pm

Just like when a lot of people (incl some on here, from memory) cooked off at Yasmin tweeting on ANZAC Day a couple of years ago... this was all pre-meditated. Izzy knew EXACTLY what was going to go down.

He’s being put up to it. And is a willing accomplice. Freedom of speech?nope, this is about testing contract law imho, and making a scene. RA has been backed into a corner.

Unlike you, i or average Joe, Izzy is (was) Rugby. It’s his platform, his source of income thru sponsorship etc. very hard to separate the public from private in a case like his.

Finally, when religious institutions give up their existing exemptions from religious (and sexual) discrimination laws for employment for essentially ‘lay’ jobs and start paying some tax, I might start listening to them contribute to the national debate on these issues. Until then, fkn hypocrites. And Izzy is being played...

happyasS's picture
happyasS's picture
happyasS Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 11:36pm

"Unlike you, i or average Joe, Izzy is (was) Rugby. It’s his platform, his source of income thru sponsorship etc. very hard to separate the public from private in a case like his."

And when your getting paid those dollars you know there's no separation so you choose your words carefully. This he hasn't. Testing boundaries? Maybe too bored with rugby?

The best solution is the Bible be rewritten to reframe that little sentence a more polite way.....can't be that hard eh?

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Monday, 1 Jul 2019 at 11:42pm

Exactamundo Happy.
Testing the boundary. RA called him on it and acted. If they hadn’t the tweets would have gotten all the more fiery until they did. And we’d be in the same place, just 6 / 12 /18 mths later.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 8:56am

We non believers are discriminated against in most countries & Face Death in 13.
List of swellnet crew rights in Israel's Pentecostal Southern USA heartland.
But first a message from your President...
George H Bush: "Atheists are not regarded as citizens nor patriots."

US Citizenship requires (joining a Church).
Birth requires healthcare usually denied to non believers.
Parenting rights are denied to n/b (Only if you Join the Church do you see your child)
Said rights come 2nd to ex partners Christian' child's Church dates (Weekends)
Atheists by default are therefore prohibited to equally parent their own child.

State School Teachers can refuse to teach a n/b child
Scouts refuse n/b boys (Same in Oz until 2015) Girl Guides can tick a different God
History teachers lose jobs if found out they are atheists as with Civic servants.
College & Uni bans Atheist Student Groups
Each student no matter, must sign a Pledge to God to receive Diploma.

Careers
Diploma is not validated in the workplace if once the non believer box is ticked.
Non Believers are labelled Servants but never fit as a Soup kitchen hand.
Jobs: Despised Muslims get hired ahead of Rapists/Atheists/Afro Americans/Gays
note: Brazil rank Non Believers alongside drug Addicts.

Science: 90% of Atheists work in science...explains US Climate Change sceptics!

Politics: Atheists are banned to run for office in many states.
Half of USA (50%) refuse to vote for n/b.
Every now & then a lone Atheist sneaks into US Govt as is the case now...Shh!

Defence: Many states refuse n/b to serve.
Vets: Memorial Day Parade "n/b Vets" are signalled out & booed,jeered & spat on.
Prison: Turns up the heat as now being outed with nowhere to hide.

Weddings: 44% of USA refuse n/b partner for offspring
Marriages: Atheist's marriages performed outside church are invalidated.
Atheists are banned from performing marriages to any non/faith.

Protest: Non believers are refused Bus Ads / Billboards (swift retribution/vandalism)

[factcheck]
US Atheist's marriages commit longer & are more law abiding than US Christians.

US Pentecostal Christians are the devil in Disguise.

Don't cry for Izzy as he kindly ranks Swellnetonians alongside Druggies & Rapists.
tbb offered a small taste of Scomo's Pentecostal cradle to grave Australian Dream.

Dutto voted [YES] and is not onboard Ship of Shame. re: Plots & Prayers (Book)
Bagman Dutto the meanie vs Scomo the meanest Boss in Oz...so say all past staff!
1st/July...7:30 Report cue:[22:30]
Atheists pray for another OZ leadership spill.

[footnote] Cheer up! tbb saved the best News for last!
29th March 2019
US city of Portland, Oregon became 1st US city to outlaw Atheist discrimination.
How Good is That!

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 10:24am

Imagine if the amount of lip flapping energy and money expended on this issue can be channeled back into working out a way how to win the Bledisloe Cup back!!! Now that would be a miracle even Izzy would be proud to preach about.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 10:41am

Scary stuff for the committed Athiest TBB. What a farce.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 11:37am

"It's got nothing to do with free speech.

It's not fuckinv primary school kids."

Complete bollocks, it goes against his own personal rights and freedoms under the law.

An employers so called contract doesn't overrule his personal rights of expression and religious freedom.

Law of the land trumps any BS contract, especially in his only personal life.

Just like shops that have signs saying no returns, under consumer law you can still return the product.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 11:36am

Hey garyg, agreed! I guess that goes to the heart of the issue for RA.
How much of the $4mill was for Folau the player vs Folau the publicity machine / role model / access vector into the market? 50:50? 40:60?
Folau knows that too.... Hence my theory that this is all premeditated and probably externally prompted.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 11:52am

@etarip

Are you saying it was a premiditated 'any publicity is good publicity' RA canpaign?

Or, the churchies are cashing in his profile?

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 11:57am

Plato: 'your can tell how corrupt a society is by the number of laws it has'
Australian citizen constitutional rights??
Deep heat bandits: "droppin' them bombs, keep the economy strong"
George W: "The left hand knows what the right hand is doing"
Sun Tzu: "All war is deception"

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 11:58am

Surely the christian church is making a stance and trying to distance itself from the catholic church and all the gay stuff that went on there for the past... forever...??

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 11:59am

"Imagine if the amount of lip flapping energy and money expended on this issue can be channeled back into working out a way how to win the Bledisloe Cup back!!! Now that would be a miracle even Izzy would be proud to preach about."

I know you're probably being facitious, but I would've hoped all the lip flapping and hoo haa energy could've been focussed on something much more worthwhile than another 'Bledisloe Cup' - whatever that is...

You know, like the environment or inequality (do christians still care about that?), poverty, growing homelessness etc. etc.

but no IP trumps everything for the contemporary left....

hence the fucked up politics manifesting itself across the globe...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 12:09pm

Syppo: the latter. This wasn’t a first offense.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019 at 12:12pm

Indo: I reckon Izzy is probably on the wrong side of contract law. This wasn’t his first crack at this. RA didn’t sack him the first time. What was your response to the Yasmin debacle mate?