Surf Snowdonia

saltyridersco's picture
saltyridersco started the topic in Thursday, 4 May 2017 at 4:03am

I am travelling at the moment and was in Wales for a brief family visit. Stumbled across a place called Surf Snowdonia - an inland surfing lagoon. Turns out it was actually the world's first commercial artificial surfing lake. Gave it a go. Pretty bloody fun (and pretty bloody freezing!). But at 40 pounds for a 1 hour session ($70) it sure as hell doesn't compare to mother nature. Has anyone else surfed at any other artificial wave pools around the world??

This is a video of Surf Snowdonia if you want to check the place out:

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 6 May 2017 at 2:31pm

$70 for an hour of that..no way.

saltyridersco's picture
saltyridersco's picture
saltyridersco Friday, 12 May 2017 at 2:08am

Yeah I know. Pricing was a joke but have never done it before, was keen to give it a go.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 14 Jul 2019 at 7:53am

Ski Surf the SnowGarden + Snow Ski Surfdonia (Does that sound right?)

Ardi100's picture
Ardi100's picture
Ardi100 Friday, 6 Sep 2019 at 9:58am

I surfed it when I was visiting family. Mother in law booked the session for me but they'd booked out the Expert spots, so she got me an 'Intermediate' spot. I'm definitely an intermediate surfer so I thought it was cool but on turning up, found out that this mean whitewater only. For the whole session.

The family came along to watch me take off on 1 foot whitewater over and over again. Was pretty crappy until the last wave of the session. The mal rider who was supposed to be on the main wave had drifted off the peak and I saw my opportunity. Paddled into it and surfed it al the way to the end, thinking how pissed off the other guy would be.

On walking back around to the cabins an employee walked past and I expected a telling off. "Nice one, mate. He's been off that peak the whole session!" was his comment.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Friday, 6 Sep 2019 at 12:07pm

do people pay to surf artificial whitewater?

thats nuts.

Ardi100's picture
Ardi100's picture
Ardi100 Friday, 6 Sep 2019 at 5:58pm

True.