The Mthrfckerama

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Tuesday, 6 Dec 2016 at 6:06pm

Watch out kids, they keep it all hid!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 6 Dec 2016 at 6:07pm

The Mthrfckerama

Fed up of being ripped off and treated like crap by the corporations you have to deal with? Welcome to the Mthrfckerama, an on going opportunity to share your experiences and so help the rest of us guard against falling into their ever deeper cesspools of pathogenic parasitism.

First nominee, and a thoroughly deserving bunch of pricks they are too. Already publicly shamed for refusing death benefits that should have been paid, COMMINSURE have now taken over 12 months to process my wife's income protection claim for the time she was unable to work because of her breast cancer. Can anyone nominate a bigger bunch of pricks?

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Tuesday, 6 Dec 2016 at 7:56pm

LNP

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Dec 2016 at 9:12pm

Holy shit Blindboy, I've got stories about companies I've dealt with that would Curl your hair.

Mainly work related stories, but alas.....the defamation laws probably prevent me from opening my mouth.

Vexatious litigation is one of their favourites !

Large American energy businesses and family owned construction companies that have been inseparably intertwined with the US government for decades .

Cunts.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Tuesday, 6 Dec 2016 at 9:58pm

BB, can sympathise with your situation, the Commonwealth Bank is very dodgy.

A friend of mine worked in the financial advisor area of the Commonwealth Bank leading up to the time the shit hit the fan. He wouldn't recommend products against the interests of clients. His position put him at constant odds with his peers and with management. He was offered a package to get him out.

I've worked in the area of income protection for an industry superannuation fund. Heard lots of horror stories like yours where people had to fight with superannuation funds, insurers and/or workcare. People who employ a solicitor seem to do best. Good luck.

And the LNP say we don't need a royal commission!

tonybarber's picture
tonybarber's picture
tonybarber Wednesday, 7 Dec 2016 at 8:22am

Yes, it certainly seem that over the years trust in large corps has failed. Banks are the best example. Share your concern here BB. But if you think it's mainly LNP then your dreaming. Wait till you've been muscled by a Union. Sadly, it's across the board.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 7 Dec 2016 at 8:57am

Then there was the retail superannuation fund, connected to one of the big banks, my former manager briefly worked for.

It was this super fund's policy to automatically reject all applications for temporary and permanent disability insurance requiring all applicants to appeal their request to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal. Think about that for a moment, corporate policy to refuse all applications. My former manager left within weeks of her appointment and immediately after she found out about the policy.

This policy added to the clients anxiety at a time of need and fear while saving the superannuation fund cash via later payout dates and cheaper (much) administration costs.

TB, is you know anything about superannuation funds they are required in law (several of them actually) to act at all times in the member's best interest. It therefore follows retail funds owned mostly by the banks break the law everyday by directing clients to the banks own products in preference to industry wide products and services.

Sadly a royal commission is needed.

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Wednesday, 7 Dec 2016 at 10:10am

A mate of mine didn't like his job. He was manager of an insurance section in a well known Aussie bank. His section handled claims that the bank knew they should legally pay, but the bank had decided to knock back anyway. The company rule was to continue to refuse to pay the claim. But, if they received a letter from a solicitor, to pay out the claim immediately.
That was about 20 years ago.

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Wednesday, 7 Dec 2016 at 7:31pm

Insurance companies have large legal and claims divisions whose primary objective is to minimise payouts. Many work on bonuses related to how effective they are in minimising claims. With the banking, superannuation and insurance sectors working together they have an inordinate amount of power and influence over our disposable income and where it ends up. The system is insanely disproportionate in its level of control over our finances yet all these institutions sell their wares to us as the only safe method to secure yourself financially. IT'S FUCKING OBSCENE!

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 7 Dec 2016 at 7:47pm

crg, I worked in the insurance and superannuation sector for industry superannuation funds for just under 20 years. Please understand there is a world of difference between retail (mostly bank owned) and industry (member owned) super funds. Your comments most accurately relate to retail funds. All Australians have the power/right to transfer their super into an industry super fund at any time they want .. think about it.

crg's picture
crg's picture
crg Wednesday, 7 Dec 2016 at 8:21pm

Yes mate I hear you...the retail funds are the ones I was ranting about

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 19 Feb 2017 at 10:52am

Most recent nominations:

Wotif
Expedia
Booking.com
The Newcastle Beach Hotel

......For general unreliability and incompetence!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 19 Feb 2017 at 10:58am

I'll probably get crucified for this but 56,000 yen (AUD$650) for replacement xenon globe for wifes Audi.

(Did throw a free car wash in though)

Oh the humanity!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 19 Feb 2017 at 11:16am

What are you doing driving a European car in Japan?

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Sunday, 19 Feb 2017 at 12:25pm

AMA together with the TGA and gutless politicians, with an umbrella of extreme pressure from pharma over all the above for disallowing whole plant medication to those in need, instead feeding patients a cocktail of sythetic chemicals ... forcing those who choose the whole plant path into criminal activity.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 19 Feb 2017 at 12:38pm

CPH ASX !

talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey's picture
talkingturkey Sunday, 19 Feb 2017 at 9:55pm

THX1138

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Wednesday, 22 Feb 2017 at 4:08pm

BUPA are right up there the parasites. Tried to deny my wife pregnancy cover on her private health at 24 weeks with twins! After confirming the coverage was valid 3 times previously. She went to the ombudsman and took them to the cleaners but I reckon if she hadn't done that we would've either been slapped a $25k bill by the hospital or sent elsewhere on the delivery day. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off woman royally up the duff.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 23 Feb 2017 at 8:14pm
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 23 Feb 2017 at 10:26pm

@Zen VW DSG oil & Audi DSG oil are the same except for the $350 price difference, guess which one is higher!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 23 Feb 2017 at 11:49pm

After globe shock, I reckon I know the answer Guy.

It's onky 2 years old but apart from that, sweet as.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 3:51pm

Anyone get in on the CPH ASX from a few weeks ago ?

Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799's picture
Gaz1799 Thursday, 9 Mar 2017 at 4:54pm

Wish that I had blowin. You on that ride?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Mar 2017 at 9:00pm

You still had a chance .

cph asx