36-48 Hours in Peru - Where should I surf?

leckiep's picture
leckiep started the topic in Sunday, 28 Aug 2016 at 10:38pm

Hey All,

Looking like I'm going to be in Lima in a couple of weeks with 36-48 hours free in between other arrangements, hoping to get in the water.

I'm on a work trip so could travel with a wettie but I'd have to hire a board: so am thinking some sort of surf camp could be the easiest/quickest option for bombing in and out?

Anyone been and got advice?
Cheers.

leckiep's picture
leckiep's picture
leckiep Sunday, 28 Aug 2016 at 10:55pm

Bumping it to get some comments..

leckiep's picture
leckiep's picture
leckiep Tuesday, 30 Aug 2016 at 9:30am

Anyone got tips on surf camps or similar to do a weekend strike in Peru?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 30 Aug 2016 at 10:38am

there's heaps of surf close to Lima mate, never been there but I'm sure I saw a bloke advertising a surf camp based in Lima.....good luck

leckiep's picture
leckiep's picture
leckiep Tuesday, 30 Aug 2016 at 10:41am

Thanks Freeride.

skull's picture
skull's picture
skull Wednesday, 12 Oct 2016 at 9:27pm

Couldn't be arsed starting a new thread but I'm gunna be in Ecuador January next year, anyone been & surfed there?

boatie's picture
boatie's picture
boatie Thursday, 13 Oct 2016 at 11:13am

some good options in the Galapagos Islands - mainly on San Cristobal Island, surfed there about 10 years ago

Mompiche is about the furthest north on the mainland coast with reliable waves, a really nice left when the swell is on, a relaxed tourist spot with heaps of accommodation options - then around Canoa (beach breaks - mostly small for beginners) and Bahia plus a few nice points further south in Manta Province (bear in mind that this area was badly affected by the earthquake earlier this year)

then you have the more crowded, touristy areas further south around Montañita and Salinas (closer to Guayaquil)

January to April is regarded as the better time of year for swell, so good luck

skull's picture
skull's picture
skull Friday, 14 Oct 2016 at 9:40pm

ta