SURFING WORLD CAMP 2016

PCS PeterPan's picture
PCS PeterPan started the topic in Saturday, 12 Mar 2016 at 8:26pm

Anyone looked at the Surfing World Camp 2016 ????
Gee, I don't know what's wrong with me , but I just don't feel the desire to go on such an appealing surf jaunt.
Dunno how the locals feel about it either. Im a little concerned cause having looked at the business people
attending , its just that. . . all business, or so it appears to me.
My idea of a surf camp is surfing with mates somewhere uncrowded away from wankish, wannabe, cool, "surfies".

I suppose ya got to entertain the masses but this looks F....ed to me , or I've lost contact with the present and future
of surf camping.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 16 Mar 2016 at 7:07pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 16 Mar 2016 at 8:21pm

Had to google it http://www.surfingworld.com.au/camp

Maybe if i was 18 again if there was some good bands id go for the party and jut view its as a music festival, but if i wanted to go surfing id be taking a drive somewhere more quite.

Nice place to camp though, use to drop past there on the way up and down the coast when i was young.

BTW. Is this the way to spread the word?...start a topic on a surfing forum saying how you wouldn't go.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 16 Mar 2016 at 9:46pm

Was that "appealing" an autocorrect from "appalling" by any chance PP?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 16 Mar 2016 at 11:03pm

I'd rather spend the weekend in the boot of Ivan Milat's car.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 16 Mar 2016 at 11:18pm

But, but, but there’s a wellness workshop!
So blessed!

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Thursday, 17 Mar 2016 at 12:21am

I had a great surf with some learners today. Non-surfers are just better people.

Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ni-biki no inu's picture
Hako o hakonde ... Thursday, 17 Mar 2016 at 9:41am

Yeah,but then they'll become surfers and fuck up mk1, and it was probably a great surf cause you got all the waves.:-D

I'll be going, I'll be paying the $400 fee so i can set up in shapers alley and pass myself off as a shaping legend, any one who is there looking, will be a novice and will be unable to detect my fakeness and all the rest of the guru shapers will have their heads so far up their own arses, they'll not even notice me.

I can't believe Patagonia didn't get a guernsey , it's got coffee, yoga, coming together of the tribe, talking story the list goes on.

sharkman's picture
sharkman's picture
sharkman Thursday, 17 Mar 2016 at 9:58am

bloody Hipsters , how dare they railroad surfing and try and sell a message of nutrition , environment , self awareness , anyone would think we stepped back in time , bloody hippies!

abc-od's picture
abc-od's picture
abc-od Thursday, 17 Mar 2016 at 10:33am

Yeah, I get all my environmental tips from surfing companies and I've found free thinking is best done in a group setting.

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Thursday, 17 Mar 2016 at 12:28pm

Hako - what you say is true! But I made sure I called them into quite a few as well. They were just really cool and happy to be there.