Left (point) break in QLD/north NSW

steves's picture
steves started the topic in Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 12:53pm

Hi guys,

I am a goofy intermediate surfer now located in QLD (Brissy). There's lots of good right point breaks in GC and Sunshine, but is there any left hand side around? I know about Lennox, but is there anything closer and/or more relaxed (crowds wise and less bouldery). I guess am asking for too much, but I am giving it a shot :-)

Steve

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 1:53pm

Lennox is a right. Sorry to dissappoint. There ain't too many lefts in QLD, the only ones I can think of are rivermouths or involve very long paddles. Sketchy and inconsistent.

What's so bad about going backside?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 2:39pm
stunet wrote:

are rivermouths ?

Yeah right!

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 2:49pm

steves's picture
steves's picture
steves Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 2:46pm

Thanks Stunet, backside is OK, but I would like to go front side every now and then for a change :-D I can get some lefts on beachies, but it's not as good.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 2:50pm
steves wrote:

Thanks Stunet, backside is OK, but I would like to go front side every now and then for a change :-D I can get some lefts on beachies, but it's not as good.

Move to Toowoomba greta lefts the Stevio.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 20 Jan 2016 at 7:49pm

Go switch

yocal's picture
yocal's picture
yocal Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 1:19pm

Keep searching Steves and you might discover that QLD has one of the best (and rarest) lefts in Australia

mk1's picture
mk1's picture
mk1 Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 1:24pm
yocal wrote:

Keep searching Steves and you might discover that QLD has one of the best (and rarest) lefts in Australia

Southport spit?

donweather's picture
donweather's picture
donweather Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 2:29pm
yocal wrote:

Tallebudgera Ck!!!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 2:59pm

spitfire banks

blow-in-9999's picture
blow-in-9999's picture
blow-in-9999 Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 9:38pm

You can't be trying if you can't find lefts on the sc. Try a search and look at google maps.

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Thursday, 21 Jan 2016 at 11:17pm

Can think of one obvious and a couple that need a hunt on the sc but hit the beachies for anything consistent if that's a word that can be used for sc. having said that back hand came on leaps and bounds while in that neck of the woods.

SimoSurf70's picture
SimoSurf70's picture
SimoSurf70 Wednesday, 27 Jan 2016 at 3:51pm

Swell direction E to NE gives ya plenty of LefthandERS . Search and thee shall find.