can you please stop!!!

idon'tlikesurfersusually's picture
idon'tlikesurfe... started the topic in Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 2:10pm

I know you guys run out of ideas an all but how about toning down or just don't run features like the k.i. one or sth aus. because it just inflames people in an already shrinking world. Let the new tools work places out for themselves..i.e. where,how to,what time etc.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 6:51pm

You Idiot.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 7:36pm

Is there a k.l article ? Oh thanks for that tip off .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 7:39pm

King Island ? yesday more coming,

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 7:47pm

Ok graet ! As a fair trade you can look at my local waves . Just look on the social media & you be shocked how every break is advertised every minute !

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 7:48pm

K.I. is becoming a joke because of sites like Swellnet.
Crowds are atrocious.

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 7:55pm

K.i means what ? Kangaroo island also, so who's loose lips are going to sink this k.i. ? Might be best to bury the thread if you care about it ??

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 7:59pm

uppercut time> swellnet not responsible for crowds. mate who loves google earth gets excited, sees new photos of left point in java, then sees , new left, gets cranky, why?????
local knowledge still gets waves big chief!!!!!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 8:19pm

These places were even shown in magazines before there was the internet they are not exactly secret.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 8:21pm

lostdoggy wrote:

K.I. is becoming a joke because of sites like Swellnet. Crowds are atrocious.

Really? The crew have bumped into two other surfers the whole time they've been there. Of course there must be more local surfers around, but "the crowds are atrocious"? Get some perspective, methinks.

The other issue here is the local economy, which if you're aware is in a parlous state. We've been asked to help out 'cos it could kickstart surf tourism. It's not a matter that we take lightly, I'm as aware as anyone of blowing cover on waves, but we've gone out of our way to talk to the local fellas and sound them out about us being over there. From what I can gather - I spoke to one of the guys myself - they understand the opportunity, though as he said "it's a fine balance."

And it is a fine balance, but blanket statements such as the above about overcrowding are rubbish and help no-one. Our crew have booked with locals, they're spending with locals, seeking advice from locals, and from what I've heard they've been well recieved.

Lastly, it's a fickle joint, there are only so many seats on the plane, and the weather turns quickly. We're not trumpeting this as an easy or convenient trip. 

Now watch this thread go crazy...

lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy's picture
lostdoggy Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 8:27pm

Was a lame attempt at sarcasm by me, Stu. Can't see it getting crowded in the next 50 years. King Island that is.

But thanks for the long response ;)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 5 Aug 2015 at 8:29pm

lostdoggy wrote:

Was a lame attempt at sarcasm by me, Stu. Can't see it getting crowded in the next 50 years. King Island that is.

Ha ha...I shoulda known, but then I've got my antennae twitching cos I'm aware of how this trip could be perceived. 

rozzie haines's picture
rozzie haines's picture
rozzie haines Friday, 7 Aug 2015 at 11:46am

Can someone explain to me how you submit photos to swellnet? Either sequences or potential shot for wave of the day?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 7 Aug 2015 at 11:59am

Rozzie, please send to me: [email protected]