Board hire bali

anonymous1's picture
anonymous1 started the topic in Sunday, 3 Nov 2013 at 10:01pm

I was just wondering if anybody knew of anywhere that hired out good quality surfboards in bali, brands like firewire etc. I have just found out that my boards are too long to go onto my flight to denpesar so will have to hire a board once I get there, I have found a bunch of places that hire out standard shortboards, minimals etc but I was hoping to be able to hire a firewire addvance/dominator/hellfire or the likes as I prefer something with a bit of volume but dont want to ride a full on funboard/minimal. Was also looking for a cheap surfcamp or surf guide on the east coast to show me round for the first couple of days to get an idea on how to get to the breaks, any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

singkenken's picture
singkenken's picture
singkenken Monday, 4 Nov 2013 at 12:41pm

No worries Anon1, just rock up & follow yer nose. Plenty of boards of the description you need, plenty of guides too. Just got back from the isle of the Gods & Lombok, and had no worries getting exactly the right gear for me ( even in Lombok). Do be prepared to spend about 1/2 a day gettin' the right gear / person (guide), and always , always show respect & deference to your noble hosts the Balinese. Speaking a bit of Bahasa may help as well. Need to take a couple leggies, spare fins,plenty of wax, and any old gear you can give to the locals to help them out in their search for more waves too!!.

anonymous1's picture
anonymous1's picture
anonymous1 Wednesday, 6 Nov 2013 at 12:39am

Cheers sing, youve put my mind at ease, thanks for the tips re, leggies, fins, wax, gifts etc hope you scored on your trip, hoping i do too!

lou_lou's picture
lou_lou's picture
lou_lou Thursday, 7 Nov 2013 at 1:01am

Singkenken do you remember the place in lombok where you hired the board from? im heading there in january and only have 1 week there so dont wanna be fking around at the shops for too long.
I speak a bit of bahasa so hopefully that will help my quest. Cheers

singkenken's picture
singkenken's picture
singkenken Thursday, 7 Nov 2013 at 10:15am

Lou lou I recommend you talk to Jakka Jack at his shop accross the road from the Surfers Inn @ Kuta Lombok. Plenty of others to choose from within 100m walk though. Alex on the other side of the road has some new sticks too. Make no promises before you find the one you want , inspect your board carefully for damage before using, hire for multiple days, and sweeten up the deal with gift /gifts if u can. Say gidday from Mr Ken, the boyz are boisterous & mischievious, but will brighten up your day if u get 2 know them. Price 50k/day.