Maldives late May forecast

surfflatwaves's picture
surfflatwaves started the topic in Tuesday, 12 May 2015 at 3:27am

I'm heading down to the Central Atolls of the Maldives (Thaa, Laamu, Meemu) from May 25-June 4th. I've seen some great forecasts from some of the regulars on this site in the past, and was wondering if they could help out as time gets closer to the trip. I have not seen any reliable forecast for the central region, and don't really even trust the reports for the North Male atolls much either First boat trip and getting excited. Thanks for any help.

surfflatwaves's picture
surfflatwaves's picture
surfflatwaves Tuesday, 2 Jun 2015 at 3:33pm

inconsistent chest to head high this morning-I expect it to get better with the tide, we're just coming off low now. But another boat arrived, and I hear there are possibly 2 more on the way, which would be very crowded.

surfflatwaves's picture
surfflatwaves's picture
surfflatwaves Friday, 5 Jun 2015 at 6:21am

On the plane home. Last report:
Wednesday was fun-head high with bigger sets, especially towards dark. But a massive storm arrived about 5 PM. Had to take harbor, couldn't anchor in any safe places outside of the town. Ridiculous over 30 knot winds today from the north, couldn't surf Thursday at all. Actually our boat couldn't leave the harbor to get us to the airport, so we had to take a speedboat taxi to the airport island, they couldn't make landfall at airport due to wind and massive chop with waves breaking over the seawall. Motor back to other side of island, unload, and then take trucks to the airport through flooded roads.finally flying to Dubai now so we got out, but it was close to keeping us from getting to Male for a few days due to planes not flying in the wind.
Overall fun trip, not the waves I expected, but had about solid 5 days of good surf. Next time I'll due the southern atolls got more size.