Contacts while surfing...

bengeorge's picture
bengeorge started the topic in Monday, 20 Apr 2015 at 6:13pm

Just wondering if people have experience wearing contacts while surfing and if had any problems ?

Optometrist said I shouldn't wear my daily contacts in the water at all, not even in the shower. But then said 'I know your going to, so just throw them away once your done'. Not sure what she was trying to imply to be honest.

Are they perfectly safe but they say you shouldn't just to cover their arses ?

saltman's picture
saltman's picture
saltman Tuesday, 21 Apr 2015 at 5:03pm

Covering their arses.. Worst thing that might happen is you will lose one or both !
They are disposable lenses right?

LASIK - is the answer

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Tuesday, 21 Apr 2015 at 5:46pm

been wearing contacts in the surf for years.. been ok but also a pain, mostly they stay in but when its really windy they can get lost or if water hits my eyeball..also duck diving a bit annoying as I can't open my eyes underwater etc,and have to make sure water is free of them when i resurface in case they fall out..they also get irritated etc. getting bit sick of it. been thinking about lasik for a while now.. have you had it done saltman?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Tuesday, 21 Apr 2015 at 5:50pm

Bengeorge, yeh they are covering their arses as need to change lenses after a surf as they can get irritated from the salt and possibly infected but otherwise the whole daily disposable thing a bit of a con i think so they ( drug companies )make their squillion.. def no problem in the shower! for me anyway.. just have to be more mindful of having them in, whenever they are in.