Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 8:48pm

Fucking awesome.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 8:59pm

Excellent article.

So Bobby Martinez was on to something after all?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 9:32pm

I'm confused is it Craig or is Stephen ?!?

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 9:36pm
southey wrote:

I'm confused is it Craig or is Stephen ?!?

Like wise Southey, could be similar to morris and shauno...!
Conspiracy.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 9:55pm

Sheepdog /davetherave?!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 10:06pm

That one's Braithy Southey.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 10 Mar 2015 at 10:35pm

Was a little confusing as its your site , his name is on the heading as author , but then on a sub heading it has " by Stephen .......... "

I presumed that it was Craig because of the autobiographical topic content , but to joe blogs it maybe confusing . !
Great content BTW .
Best part about it , is pointing out that how can Speaker lead an audience to surfing when he himself knows naught of its charms .
Accountants gone Mad ........

PS I hear there's a good intern free at the moment ;-)

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 6:20am

Southy, I realized I don't need an internship , I'm jumping straight into investigative journalism, if freeride, briathy and stu can make megabucks out of it, can't be that hard can it be? I'm going to snatch the ball right now and run with it, after we've finished with Easter and this beaut run of weather around here I'm grabbing Morris and we're going to investigate what's really going on in the N.W. and toss up on whether we need to invest all the money we have in one of these atrocious resorts or do an series of articles on them exposing them for what they are! Or for a nominal fee from the developer we will write nothing and just go surfing. While all this is going on morris will in his free time when all my undies are ironed(I did learn something from my time at the swellnut, manipulation) He'll be doing a story on Gold Coast con men posting on surfing forums, there is one doing the rounds now and I'm calling bullshit on him, some things not right, either con man or psycho, anyway no mentioning of names without concrete evidence as we don't do personnel attacks .
Nice article Braithy but move over , we want a slice of easy street.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 8:52am

cant help yourself can you. must be hard to look in the mirror and try to workout who's looking back at u. I am about to do a series of articles on the schizophrehrenics(sp) wheres my bloody theosaurus- but morris told me to talk to shaun and and shaun said he didnt know a morris except for an old morris minor whose motor was clapped out and was last seen with freddy flintstone and barney rubble running usain bolt like to have a meeting with peter foster about buying some prime real estate below the high tide mark. southey, you keep your bloody hands of my internship, i couldnt sleep last night i was so excited about fantasizing about it, couldnt wait to go down and do interviews with the pro's about flawless knee high snapper, and morris and shaun- u keep your mitts off my little rave crave too!

upnorth's picture
upnorth's picture
upnorth Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 9:38am

The game has changed and like premier league football the fans are now secondary, it's all about the merch and surfers who are accustomed to beamers and 1st class ain't gona rock the boat. Besides does the tour have the characters to make it interesting? Slater, john john are good to listen to, Flores as mentioned still shoots from the hip but not much else going on.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 10:59am
davetherave wrote:

cant help yourself can you. must be hard to look in the mirror and try to workout who's looking back at u. I am about to do a series of articles on the schizophrehrenics(sp) wheres my bloody theosaurus- but morris told me to talk to shaun and and shaun said he didnt know a morris except for an old morris minor whose motor was clapped out and was last seen with freddy flintstone and barney rubble running usain bolt like to have a meeting with peter foster about buying some prime real estate below the high tide mark. southey, you keep your bloody hands of my internship, i couldnt sleep last night i was so excited about fantasizing about it, couldnt wait to go down and do interviews with the pro's about flawless knee high snapper, and morris and shaun- u keep your mitts off my little rave crave too!

What are you on about mate? Did Shaun mention your name, I can't recall him doing so, that would be a personal attack and your other half would be onto that one. Hanging out with Peter Foster are you? He'd probably have more of a backbone than you two, nice trio of tea teetotalers.
Be comforted that your never alone with schizophrenia, even if one of you imagines he lives in Tasmania.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:00am

dave , you need to realise that Shaun is the real tyler durden in that duo . morris is just the projection of himself that he sees . Shaun still doesn't realise that he is morris . careful
gee a NW trip is just what you two need . Like , nothing strange ever happens up that way . !
Will be soothing , a couple of months in the desert .

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:04am

Daves Not Here.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:08am

and neither am i ! ;-)

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:10am

Who's Dave, man.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:24am

Get in the car Morris it's time to go, stop prodding those dickheads, born and bred on the Gold Coast, they'll have picked your pockets and emptied your bank account before you can say Jack Robinson.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Wednesday, 11 Mar 2015 at 11:39am

dave, daves not home man. jack robinson, is that Robinson crusoe's brother? No personal attack on shaun he brings much joy to my day which shows just how fucking boring my day is and that i do not meet many witty people so keep it up shaun and morris, but i think the tassie tiger is a bit upset about me calling his ego bigger than his intellect. That was a bit uncalled for especially as he is a valuable contributer to swellnet and he must be worried about his wife. Wishing you well sheepy and wish we could all take a roadtrip to yarn and surf, i could be the photographer. Start the car!!!!

trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet's picture
trippergreenfeet Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 1:46pm

From Raw and the Cooked

e wrote:

I wanted to talk to the losers. They’re the ones with the story to tell. Were they victims of poor judging? Or was it a case of anti-favouritism from the judging panel? Why did they feel they lost? I wanted to know, as I’m sure you the punters wanted to know too.

Medina's post round 3 heat loss interview was a beauty, had it all...excuses, blame, discontent and some payback sledging too. Had Peter Mel on tip toes by the end...so much so they cut the interview. Medina's interview starts at ~11:37:00 of today's feed.

zeta's picture
zeta's picture
zeta Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 2:43pm
zeta's picture
zeta's picture
zeta Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 2:50pm

Video and page is down.. so much to freedom of speech WSL...

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 2:54pm

You can still see it here....

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 3:04pm

Not any more....

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 3:23pm

and it looks like they've obliterated it from the heat analyser and live feed... can't find it anywhere. wow. nice work wsl.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 3:30pm

WSL Ministry of Information in full effect:

screen_shot_2015-03-12_at_3.19.24_pm.png

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 3:36pm

Still here for now....gotta love the internet. Once it's out there no going back.
http://www.theinertia.com/surf/glen-hall-dove-to-victory-over-gabriel-me...

grug's picture
grug's picture
grug Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 at 3:40pm

best possible start to the year. sparkly world champ shitting on everyone and potty mouthing on live feed. all the top seeds getting beaten. taj and fanning having the chance for the head start that they are gonna need to have any title chance. makes up for the waves being so shite