Ding repair Kuta Lombok ??

samtheraptor's picture
samtheraptor started the topic in Monday, 9 Feb 2015 at 6:51pm

Hi guys
Got a decent ding in the nose of my new board ( just got it shaped 2 months back) surfing in Bali yesterday and was heading to lombok just a few hours latter. So thoughts get it fixed here. Anyway there are ding repair places everywhere... I thought they all must be ok. I was wrong. Got the board back and the guy has done a shocker of a job. Is this standard in Bali or is it a one off? And if anyone has got an idea where in Kuta Lombok to get it properly fixed... Or should I wait to get back home?
Thanks in advance

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 9 Feb 2015 at 8:15pm

If its looks watertight wait until you get home...if your not sure of the quality ? duct tape over top of the repair or another surfer may have some solar cure you could borrow and seal it up with.

yawhat's picture
yawhat's picture
yawhat Tuesday, 10 Feb 2015 at 12:07am

I had a fin box reset over in Kuta lombok about a month ago, the boys actually did a pretty decent job. It wasn't as good or perfect as say what would be done by your local shaper but was good enough to surf and I havnt had to get it fixed up since I got home. Just go ask around in town, the boys near the internet cafe did mine.