Red Island Surf

cgrover's picture
cgrover started the topic in Monday, 5 Jan 2015 at 2:05pm

Does anybody know anything about this resort? Been there? What the waves are like etc??

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 5 Jan 2015 at 3:46pm

Haven't heard much about it mate. Website says "G-land is approx 2 hours from Pulau Merah and day trips are available from the surfcamp". Not sure if that is an indication of the kind of waves locally (ie not great, so they use G-Land as a part of their pitch) but either way 4 hours is a lot of Indonesian travel time for one day of waves.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Monday, 5 Jan 2015 at 3:51pm

I haven't been, but spoke to a friend a couple of months ago that had and his words were "Nice to visit, but wouldn't go back. Very inconsistent and when the surf gets over 4', closeouts. Better off just staying in Bali or going directly to G'Land"

cgrover's picture
cgrover's picture
cgrover Monday, 5 Jan 2015 at 5:04pm

Thanks for the info

caml's picture
caml's picture
caml Monday, 5 Jan 2015 at 5:13pm

its probably a bit more than 2 hrs from g land more like 4 . nice little village on beach front paradise . waves werent flash but on the way there nearby was a road in a quiet little area that i saw the sweetest lookin ceweks in all my indo travels . there was something unusual about it god knows why , all within a kilometre . doin the washin etc way out in middle of nowhere

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 5 Jan 2015 at 8:23pm

I haven't been there but friends have and they said the same, nice place but very average waves.

Ive traveled most of the Java coast, and from the pics of red island, I've seen etc, there is many similar type bays, a lot of the Java coast is very exposed gets lots of swell and lots of wind, but the waves generally very average especially for Indo, mostly close out beachies.

Ha ha Camel, they always turn up where you least expect ;)