Bali Drivers

ACB__'s picture
ACB__ started the topic in Friday, 19 Dec 2014 at 10:55am

Anyone got the details of any good Balinese drivers?

heading over for 2 weeks surfing tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any good contacts I could give some business.

Thanks gang.

asharper001's picture
asharper001's picture
asharper001 Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:18pm

G'day ACB,

You may have already sorted something out but an earlier post this year (http://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/146836) had a couple of suggestions. I've copied and pasted to cut the other chatter out as it seems you were looking for a driver. Blowin's man sounds like a go

Blowin suggested:
"You can hire a car with a driver and all fuel included for about $30/day. You might be able to get it cheaper, that's just the deal I have with a fella. I can give you his number if you want. Good bloke - helpful but mellow, doesn't try to push or sell anything on you and is just a legend guy full stop." and "his name is Wayan : +6281338458505 is his phone number.
He doesn't surf but wants to learn to help lose his arak belly. He knows all the main spots and a few others that we have found together with a bit of exploration.
He will just wait by the car and maybe have a bit of a gamble while you surf, no pressure.
He drives safely , speaks good English , has a chat if your keen or let's you relax if your tired or chilling, will help you out wherever he can ie getting the best price for things and is just a legend guy.
It would be unreal if you threw a bit of trade his way."

Udo also suggested:
"This guy is cool: Heriyanto
mobile: 081 337 302 411 - landline: 0361 758681 - lives at Legian
cool dude loves a beer a surf and rooting stories . "

Hope this helps.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:22pm

And if you're looking for a sarong, asharper001's got you covered.

asharper001's picture
asharper001's picture
asharper001 Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:42pm

Damn you Zen, you bastard!!!! How's the ski trip going peg-leg? Pity you gave up beer. You can still go tobogganing I'm guessing.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 6:54pm

I was supposed to leave this morning for Hokkaido, drove mate and his wife to the local airport at sunrise.

I cancelled. Faxed doctors certificate to Skymark and got a full refund, same for lift-ticket and accomm.

Pissed off though, grade 2 MCL tear, no surfing or snowboarding for at least a month. Happened on my last wave of the sesh last Sunday. Just perfect bad luck. So much snow around too, gutted.

So, will chat on Xmas day after all. Hope you're well.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:26pm

What a shin of a time....;(

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 at 11:30pm

the wellymon will ease your discomfort. sorry to hear your out of action u want zen, must be other stuff in your life u need to sort out. hope the welly monster can give u some cheers. merry xmas boys

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 24 Dec 2014 at 1:24am

Cheers lads, I'm looking forward to my big day hobbling around Costco tomorrow with the missus.

Not!!!