Mornington Peninsula board stores

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg started the topic in Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 9:18pm

Any suggestions?

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 9:20pm

Southey is this your neck of the woods? Anyway, Looking for 2nd hand boards, maybe some rubber too. Cheers!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 10:17pm

Sort of , it definitely used to be .
I don't know much about second hand boards .
Try peninsula surf rye , shed nine rye , trigger point Leo , Balin tootgarook and flinders , ozmosis , there's plenty , even frankston although be careful up there as you may run into stolen boards .
I hear ZAk in the city is a pretty cool dude . So is Murray at Mordi's , Island surf isn't far away , and for wetsuits I'd go for a trip to torcool ....
Again it's been a long time . So could be inaccurate .
Try goofy , he's embedded in that scene .
Good luck . Ps , direct onshore beachies can be fun , if the wind is even slightly cross off / cross on then be wary rips . They are your friend but you've got to learn how to make them your friend . Remember if all else fails , do the washing machine lap .
Cheers
Pete

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 at 11:29pm

OK cheers, well if you share peaks with Morris, let me know by email. Or are you closer to your other mate lift :p Anyway, studying cloud reading, seems much more critical/useful here.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 1:12am

When I have the time I surf closer to uppity .
Course sounds good , is that with BOM ! ?
Not sure what you mean by email ?! I don't know how you do that in here ?!?

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 5:42am

Oh nah nah just from internet resources haha. But sometimes that includes BOM site. I asked through contact us to get my email to you...

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 5:47am

Drop in to Peninsula Surf at Mornington, and see Dan - he's been doing our MP surf reports for the last eight or nine years (!). Good fella and will sort you out with a decent board and wettie too.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 1:14pm

Alrighty thanks. Lucky I checked that mornington was a suburb itself, assumed you meant another store

woohcs's picture
woohcs's picture
woohcs Thursday, 18 Dec 2014 at 6:06pm

the boys at Oke(Braeside/Mordialloc) are great for boards...customs are mighty fine and a good price, and second handy's...don't sell rubber tho...