Medewi in March

Henno's picture
Henno started the topic in Tuesday, 4 Nov 2014 at 6:44pm

Hey guys n girls,

Had my first Indo trip in 19 years in July and loved Medewi. Trouble was the wind. Very offshore down Bukit but crosshore up north. Thinking about going again in March. One guy that runs a hostel on Jl Pantai Medewi reckons the best waves he has ever scored there have been during the wet when the winds are minimal.
Anybody been up there in March?

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 7 Nov 2014 at 12:49am

I havent been in march but been a few times in april. Daytripping there on an 80cc moped first time i wouldnt recomend.
Fun wave and very long and different tides create different sections but to be honest it got boring quickly. Good wave for fishes or developing your moves and setting up sections but rarely tubez. would love that out front of my place.
Vibe feels cozy up there different to kuta.
You will get a few swers and odd se'ers in march but generally light winds.

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Friday, 7 Nov 2014 at 1:44am

THERE ARE NO WAVES IN BALI IN THE OFF SEASON

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 8 Nov 2014 at 7:53pm

Been over ten years since I've been down there and never been there that time of year, but yeah March is pretty good wind wise for almost anywhere in Indo, light winds and often not set in either trade wind pattern, (west or East)

But hey March is good just about everywhere in Oz for waves also.

Henno's picture
Henno's picture
Henno Sunday, 9 Nov 2014 at 10:58pm

Thanks for that. I really loved Medewi when I was there recently but the wind was a bit of a problem. I can get good airfares for March and April if I book now and I am keen on two trips next year.