Fin set ups

THEonlypillock's picture
THEonlypillock started the topic in Friday, 10 Oct 2014 at 9:27pm

fin set ups? picked a ripper fish from the hard rubbish collection in my street and it's just gotta be surfed. its the old box fin set up and i'm struggling to find some to suit, what are my options

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 11 Oct 2014 at 9:36am

a true twin keel swallow tail? you could make some out of plywood. they should be 7- 9 inches and shaped like half of the tail as in trace the shape of the tail onto a piece of ply wood then cut them out.

When shaping a fish most shapers trace the keels into the tail so it should work the reverse way around.
Show some pics?

THEonlypillock's picture
THEonlypillock's picture
THEonlypillock Saturday, 11 Oct 2014 at 10:33am

basic swallow tail 5'10" 20 1/2 2 1/2 cant seem to add a photo.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014 at 8:14pm

You could use photobucket to add photos and other similar websites. Pretty easy to use however im not really the guy to ask for that sort of thing, if not anyone here sorts you out on here id say go to swaylocks general discussion or search engine.
Thats where hundreds of professional and amateur shapers gather in discussing boards and fins.

I will say though if its a narrow swallow less fin area, unless its to be surfed in bigger waves. There are guys now using large twin keel fins on big guns and semiguns as they can handle a lot of juice.
IE at mavericks etc.
I love keels such a unique feeling of drive not to be matched.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014 at 8:42pm

This is the a good website to use to upload photo http://imgur.com

No sign up or anything very simple, just copy the BB code and post in message.