JOKER & KIWI crack BOM code .

southey's picture
southey started the topic in Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 2:56pm

On my last visit to the BOM website Tidal charts , I've noted that Charts and general site / mechanics / functions / navigations / layout has changed in the Marine and more importantly Tide area ..

Now this is most likely coincidence ;-) , BUT
since Joakse started Questioning relationships between the Moon , Tide and Swell intensity , the Charts no longer show Moon Phase ...

Conspiracy theory of the highest order , or have the Geeks just accidently ommitted it ????
The Truth is out there .... lol

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 3:09pm

Classic!

I think what's happened is that they've hand-balled moon data over to its relevant authority, which is Geoscience Australia (see this link on the BOM's FAQ page), which goes here.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 3:23pm

Apologies for posting it in here , but i couldn't for the love of wetsuit rash find the original topic where we where all musing over the SWELL moon connection .

Its pissed me off a little that they've handballed , no longer could i work out where the moon will be in a few months time and tide ... heheh

On a brighter note , they are now Printable ...... YES no more Fishing charts for this little Black duck ... Maybe there's an opening for you guys to do it .
Maybe i should start using your site for all this rather just gas bagging .
But the promise of the NEW site , has me holding off ( I don't want to master the navigation and familirality?? in here , for it all to change [Two Weeks / Two Years later ? ] ....... WHEN BEN , WHEN

Funnily enough , the link between the FAQ And GA is broken when you click the Moon Phase link ...!@!!! its a conspiracy for Sure !!! ..... hahah
link " http://www.ga.gov.au/earth-monitoring/geodesy/astronomical-information/m... "

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 3:33pm

Actually, I don't think we have lunar info in the new site but it's something we can easily include in the future. Site should be live something this week (fingers crossed).

the_b's picture
the_b's picture
the_b Monday, 16 Sep 2013 at 5:57pm
southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 12:36am

only till the end of the year ( at the moment the old display is an option ) . come jan 2014 gone ....
it says it near the top of the page you linked to the_b .!