Anyone fancy a trip to Latitude Zero, Indonesia?

danban's picture
danban started the topic in Thursday, 12 Sep 2013 at 8:44pm

Hi,

I have a credit for a week at Latitude Zero, Indonesia (this is a private sale).

Check their website for more details:

http://resortlatitudezero.com/

This is a top resort but I cannot make the trip I already paid for so they kindly gave me a credit valid until Easter 2014. If anyone is interested in buying the credit off me then give me a shout. I have paid for a 7 night package which includes:

Use of all resort facilities
Full accommodation for 7 nights
All meals, water, juices etc.
Fast transfer from Padang

Reply if you are interested.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 7:31am

I can whack a post on our FB page if you like, Dan. Reach a few more people that way.

Lemme know if you're keen.

-Stu

eel's picture
eel's picture
eel Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 8:01am

I PM'd you danban

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 13 Sep 2013 at 12:39pm

Well seeing were getting all commercial.

If resorts aren't your thing and you don't mind roughing it a little my local friend in Tellos takes small groups of surfers (1- 4 guys)

https://www.facebook.com/telos.sumatra?fref=ts

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 14 Sep 2013 at 12:27pm

danban,

sent pm two days ago but no reply.

Am I correct in assuming you've offloaded the credit?

Thanks anyway for the heads-up on the resort. Looks like a nice place place to take the wife. I think I'll enquire directly with them.

Cheers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 14 Sep 2013 at 5:01pm

@Zenagain

Havent stayed at Resort Latitude zero myself (as stay with my local friend) but have surfed (and talked) with there guest many many times and they are always stoked on the place.

IMO having seen 4 of the 5 resorts in the Tellos, Resort latitude zero easily has the best set up with the pool etc, but i think the big plus is they surf both the North and South areas daily, whilst the other main resort there the Telo island lodge doesn't have a pool (yet) and only surf the North area

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 14 Sep 2013 at 7:31pm

@Zen

I've heard nothing from Danban so I guess we've gotta assume he's offloaded it.

Totally off topic: looks like a robust tropical depression is gonna turn into a typhoon and waltz the path to your front door. You seeing the same charts?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 14 Sep 2013 at 8:46pm

Oh yeah Stu, going to pass right over us Monday morning.

Tomorrow supposed to be 14ft @ 12 secs then Monday the models are saying 23ft @ 13 secs. Doubt it will be anything like that. We will cop a drenching though.

But, there's a spot up north that is dormant most of the year that takes a massive south swell and northerly wind combo to work. When it's on it's like Puerto Escondido and is scary as hell. I dare say that's where we'll be heading as there are only a few places we can get a surf in when it's that big.

Cheers Indo. I'm ashamed to say I've never been to Indonesia. My younger bro is practically a Bali local and knows all the secret spots and Fiji is a second home to him.

I'm going to do what I should have done 20 years ago and head to Indo very soon and because I'll have the missus in tow, will need to keep her comfy. I love reading your Indo tips. I reckon Swellnet should get you on as special Indo correspondent.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 15 Sep 2013 at 1:49pm

Puerto Escondido, eh? Let us know how you go then, Zen.

It's following an incredible path, should shower all Japan with swell.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 15 Sep 2013 at 6:59pm

We had three surfs today, had a quick go out at our local reef. Building swell, 4-6ft but shitty wind. Drove 50 k's north checked a few spots, came back in torrential rain and settled on where we started again. Wind had backed off and we surfed the lefts pushing double on the sets.

But crappy, hard work, the swell is too new and raw and was really hard to hold position. Not a particularly satisfying surf.

Tomorrow is supposed to ramp up and it's going to be seriously big. Typhoon should cross directly over me about 9am. Winds forecast to go NW by lunchtime and then we'll head to this Puerto-esque spot. It's very fickle but when it's on it's unbelievable.

I'll let you know how we go.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Sunday, 15 Sep 2013 at 7:11pm

zen, some pics if you get any spot crankin

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 1:04pm

That thing is a beast! I'd find it hard to believe the swell could disappear so quickly either - small fetch I guess. Must've been gutted. I know I would've been up most of the night anticipating that thing.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 1:20pm

Yeah I know, I was texting all night even had a friend drive up from Chiba in anticipation of 'the spot' cranking this morning.

We were just left scratching our heads.

Oh well.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 1:31pm

Zen, without looking at the forecasts for this system in too much detail but analysing the satellite wind observations it looks like the typhoon just moved too quickly north-east.

So as you said as it moved across you it built rapidly and solidly, but overnight it pushed out of the swell window and hence the swell must of dropped like a hot cake into this morning. Bummer!

Here's the satellite wind passes..

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013 at 1:55pm

Thanks Craig, I know you dig that sort of stuff. Just in my lifetime I don't think I have ever seen such a contrast between one day and the next.

This time of the year though we get the big lows just spinning out in the middle of the Pacific and they send us beautiful long lines of SE groundswell. Been pretty lean recently though. Looking forward to October.