Shane F*CKING Watson

salt's picture
salt started the topic in Thursday, 25 Jul 2013 at 10:22pm

Is Shane Watson the self centred, arrogant wanker he comes across as. That DRS referral in the first innings of the second Test, was at best a ridiculous call. 46 tests 2 tons, not good enough. We need miracle.

seal's picture
seal's picture
seal Friday, 26 Jul 2013 at 5:53pm

Yep, he along with half the current Aussie team!
Why is it that the cricketers think they are all rock stars and are not willing or capable of putting in the hard yards of grinding out an innings.
Sure it's good to make a flashy quick 50 but we need batsmen that can get in there when it's tough going, get in behind the ball for a long time and make those hard earned tons that set the innings up for the stroke makers further down the line.
If the ball's there to be hit, hit the farkin thing don't just hang the bat out to nick it for catching practice but get in behind the ones that need to be defended.
We also have to start treating our sportsmen as sportsmen not as rockstars and they are definitely not heros.
That is a term for those who have actually done something brave to help others such as firemen, ambos ,soldiers etc in extreme conditions, not nancy boy pounces with blond streaks through their hair, getting paid heaps of money to fail as soon as conditions get a little tough or the ball swings a little.
If we have a team not doing so good, blood some new talent and get rid of the old wood so we can build a team that might perform down the track instead of putting up with the current crop of show ponies!

froth-monster's picture
froth-monster's picture
froth-monster Tuesday, 6 Aug 2013 at 9:15pm

Yeah 2 tonnes, I laughed when I realised this was true

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Thursday, 22 Aug 2013 at 10:56am

Credit where credits due, Watson had a good knock last night. It was nice to wake up to see the Aussies hadn't collapsed and Watson had stood up for a change, even if it was three years too late.

roger-ramjet's picture
roger-ramjet's picture
roger-ramjet Saturday, 28 Sep 2013 at 7:04pm

Watson is a silver spoon fed up himself wanker I reckon.
What ever happened to occupying the crease to wear the shine off the ball to help the guys down the order. Since the 20/20 introduction they seem to forget they have five days to get the job done. Need to get guys like langer and Steve Waugh back around the team to influence them. Boofa is a great start.
Fuckn tweeting should be banned as well as the hair care products.
Dennis's Lillie used to run 10 ks minimum a day even during a test match when we were batting.
Our bowlers are breaking down because they are just not doing the legwork.
Hope boof can start em on the right track for this summer

Suarez7's picture
Suarez7's picture
Suarez7 Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 3:23pm

Watson crap he's out for 43 , will he ever make a 50 or 100 ever again! Drop him for some one who can go the distance

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 4:52pm

I'd get rid of Bailey 1st, what's he doing there? and he's missing out on the 2020s

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 5:20pm

I reccon Watson has been doing alright this series, I'd be getting rid of Warner. Haven't seen him do anything decent for longer than I can remember.

But hows the turn around of Johnson. You wouldn't have fed him 12 months ago and now he deserves player of the series.

salt's picture
salt's picture
salt Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 6:30pm

Fitzroy, I agree with you on Mitch, what a turn around. I bagged him for ages. He used to just bowl across the batsmen never make them play, now........wow, the guy is on fire, full credit to him. On warner, I reckon he is going alright. He goes for it, sometimes it comes off sometimes not, but he is still top of the table of runs scored this series. I reckon Bailey has played his last test, at least for a while, they will try someone else for South Africa . Watson........we'll my opinion hasn't changed he shits me, surely without his bowling he is not in the team? I must admit though he get crucial wickets when he is thrown the ball, but out lbw AGAIN.........

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 7:25pm

Fitzy an Salt, fully agree on Johnson's bowling, good body line and at pace, a couple of tests ago I was watching him bowl at least 2 or 3 balls in an over around the 150-152 km/hr, also accurate which is such a far cry from thee old Johnson.
Right hand batters usually hate fast left armers, damage to the rib area.
I do like Warners style of batting tho , very aggressive stroke play, but lacks movement in his feet which stops him.
As for Watson, Ummmmm not sure but it looks like he is best buddies with puppy all day, hanging with him in the slips, smiling, talking shit and lookin cool for all the money they make.

mitchvg's picture
mitchvg's picture
mitchvg Friday, 3 Jan 2014 at 10:33pm

I think I like Watto cos he reminds me of a mate from primary school. Funny thing is, he was as unlikeable as Salt says Watto is too. And Johnson cos we share a name and both lefties!
But seriously, I reckon they gotta focus on the designated batters and bowlers; I'd make an exception for ya Greg Blewitt types though.

OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE's picture
OLD MATE Monday, 27 Jan 2014 at 10:44am

And pay them less money than people that play a real sport like the lingerie football league, now that's a real sport... And awesome to watch...