wave of the day

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 11:00am

amy kotch on one of the biggest waves ever ridden in the Maldives ??????? im calling that wave is p pass.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 11:20am

Check shots 5 and 6 in the accompanying gallery, Udo. They're taken during the same session and show a bit of size. Also, not sure that P-Pass at that size would be a rolling foamball.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 11:29am

I think at that size p pass just after taking the drop could resemble that pic but seconds later the whole next section bowl comes into play. but then again ive never surfed it .....anyone who has chime in.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 11:36am

I have...but not that size. Paid close attention to it though and unless the wind is onshore I don't think it'd roll like that. In fact, I remember a trip featuring the Florence Bros and Reef McIntosh. Reef sat up the, erm, reef trying to connect a few. From memory it was pretty damn round.

50young's picture
50young's picture
50young Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 11:44am

I swear when I read the Maldive report early it said amy Kotch was surfing Jails and got some bombs, but now it's not there? Quick editing or early onset of dementure?? lol

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 11:59am

Ha ha...yeah it was there earlier but I deleted it for the sake of brevity. "Amy Kotch sat and waited on the end section and while she only caught a handful of waves they were some of the biggest and best of the day."

Which gives credence to the photo being Maldives not P-Pass.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 12:01pm

what size is that wave ?

By: "udo"

Oh no....don't start that debate Udo, we've been there so many times before.

But I'll say 6-8 with an optical illusion thrown into it (foam in the background shooting upward increasing perception of height).

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 12:08pm

yep was just thinking, here we go again and was about to delete when you posted

50young's picture
50young's picture
50young Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 12:40pm

Ha ha glad I'm not losing it, thought middle age had caught up to me

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 1:05pm

I reckon 6to7 feet, but more importantly is she naked?

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Friday, 7 Jun 2013 at 7:55pm

Shaun , we are on the same wavelength ... my first thoughts were Nudity too .....( Amy's that is ) .

Any chance we can get a third k9 in that train with you and Morris . i can be the GUTS ...

Seriously though , I reckon the picture is actually on an angle ( making it look a few feet bigger , and more importantly trying to make th maldives look like it has Fangs .....

I've surfed P-Pass at a solid 6 - 8Ft on various wind conditions and 3 seperate swell directions and the wave pictured is not it ....

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Sunday, 9 Jun 2013 at 4:45am

It's pretty back in the box southy, no one has ever come back out of the box.

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Sunday, 9 Jun 2013 at 4:47am

It's pretty black in the box southy, no one has ever come back out of the box.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 9 Jun 2013 at 9:01pm

Gee Morris , when you put it that way . Yourself and Shaun , sound a little like Dodgy Geezer types .
when i was back in a " box or two " over west i had trouble exiting , and usually covered in Blood .
Womb on the other hand was more to my shape . but to be honest its more important how you get in there than whether or not you come out ... as i said no " GUTS " no glory . so places work better looking out .