Kelly Slater Hypocrite?

barley's picture
barley started the topic in Saturday, 4 May 2013 at 12:26am

Saw on swellnets facebook site Kelly whinging about cigarettes..is this the same guy who said pro surfing is rife with recreational drugs? Didn't KS smoke ciggies himself?..........WTF

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Saturday, 4 May 2013 at 12:26pm

nah..never seen K smoke ciggies........as ciggies sre recreational drugs?

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 4 May 2013 at 12:45pm

I think barley's referring to Sean Davey's shot from King Island in 2001.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 4 May 2013 at 12:58pm

@ barley you have a retired asp judge living near you with the same initials ? ask him. but slater smoking ciggies I very much doubt it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 4 May 2013 at 1:41pm

Wasn't that pic just for shock value or something? i can't remember the story its a long time ago.

But even if he did at one stage enjoy a smoke, so what, he can change his mind, we all change our views over time, plus no one is perfect, im sure the guy has some flaws or dark side.

Personally im stoked to have grown up surfing in a time just before kelly came onto the scene then seen him do it all and become the best surf in history so far, possibly ever.

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Saturday, 4 May 2013 at 10:39pm

@Ben and in an article 'rocking the casba'..prob I am seeing things
@udo that certain person is a legend..and I have all the time in the world for him..great bloke!

supafly's picture
supafly's picture
supafly Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 5:27am

Wasn't that pic just for shock value or something? i can't remember the story its a long time ago.

But even if he did at one stage enjoy a smoke, so what, he can change his mind, we all change our views over time, plus no one is perfect, im sure the guy has some flaws or dark side.

Personally im stoked to have grown up surfing in a time just before kelly came onto the scene then seen him do it all and become the best surf in history so far, possibly ever.

By: "indo-dreaming"

Not only the best surfer ever, but likely the most dominant athlete in history.