Vicco's Plentiful Swell

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot started the topic in Monday, 22 Apr 2013 at 4:49pm

Anyone else excited about this weeks forecast?

Its looking like an epic week of surf coming up. Sunday especially!

Time to dust off and wax up the pintails!

Someone mentioned surfing being like a drug on here the other day, that you can become "addicted" to. The anticipation of solid waves and the feeling you get knowing your going to be out in swell that gets the heart rate up is better than any drug you could ever get your hands on if you ask me.

Now were is my 8'0"????

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 22 Apr 2013 at 4:51pm

Yeah it looks bloody unreal! A truly fantastic forecast period ahead.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 22 Apr 2013 at 4:55pm

That excited i submitted it twice! Shit!

lonesurfa's picture
lonesurfa's picture
lonesurfa Monday, 22 Apr 2013 at 6:58pm

I sure hope its true. I think I have to make excuses to my clients so I can catch some.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Monday, 22 Apr 2013 at 11:10pm

Will be bigger than the Californian land rush, wagons ho.

pigdog's picture
pigdog's picture
pigdog Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013 at 8:35pm

ill second that pumped!

nebasha's picture
nebasha's picture
nebasha Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013 at 9:38am

I nearly cried when looking at the forecast. Tears of joy my friends, tears of joy...

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013 at 10:03am

I'm nearly crying too - Because I don't live in Vicco. Tassie will be pumping somewhere, but I'll be mind-surfing big Bells all day long. Bastards.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013 at 12:12pm

The forecast is updated and even I'm thinking of making the trip down for this one!

http://www.swellnet.com.au/reports/torquay/extended

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 28 Apr 2013 at 7:01pm

So did anyone score? Bit of a let down on the west coast today i reckon. Pretty inconsistent.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 28 Apr 2013 at 7:50pm

GF ,

Sat looked the best . Out of the wind .

Tomorrow morning looks Good . and owing to a weird trough setup inland & above average SST's . Could be a light land breeze that MAY just hang in there most of the day . But don't take my word for it . Check wind conditions at 11pm and at 6am . Swell looks to fill in from now on in .
Swell Might be a bit raw ( have morning sickness ) but some places don't matter how wonky the swell is . due to the fact that the swell refracts around something . " Bombie " or whatever .
I'm putting my thoughts into action , will let ya know either way .

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 28 Apr 2013 at 8:07pm

Yeah yesterday looked good Southey, had to work all day, spewin. Working tomorrow too but tomorrow morning is looking solid hey.
Good luck where ever you end up!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 28 Apr 2013 at 8:27pm

PS .

there were waves today , wind was flukey . but there is a shot on Swellnets FB site that was this arvo . on the Surf coast

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Sunday, 28 Apr 2013 at 8:32pm

& the PNPN wave buoy just measured a one off wave >= 7M and consistent above 4.5M ..... YEEEEWWW

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Sunday, 28 Apr 2013 at 8:41pm

7meters! Holy shit. Pretty keen to see a couple places around here in the morning. Just hope not too west.

arnie's picture
arnie's picture
arnie Monday, 29 Apr 2013 at 3:24pm

Don't know what happened to the wind at dawn Sun morning when i turned up at Winki but the expected offshore NW turned into a rainy SW squall. At first i was disappointed but heaps of crew either turned around and went home or never bothered. The wind calmed down and the surf while broken and lumpy was still pumping at 3-5' and i was able to snag some good Winki walls without mega hassles.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 29 Apr 2013 at 9:09pm

Yeah was a weird one Arnie.

Looked like a weak change pushed through on dawn but as you said, winds swung back offshore and held there all day. I also got out and got some good ones at Winki when it pulsed to 3-5ft. Went for another late one when it was 6ft+ and got some bombs between floggings, swell really kicked strongly late!

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 29 Apr 2013 at 10:40pm

Cue : EVIL cackle ......

Today Esp. this morning was the GO . Was still a fair bit of size around . And much cleaner than Sunday Night . Winki looked good when i pased through mid morning , mid tide. Spewing i didn't have enough time as the ENTIRE west coast was Offshore for atleast 12 hrs from midnight . May have been ridable elsewhere . There was heaps of sand in the water /brown presumably from the phenominal after dark swell pulse .

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 29 Apr 2013 at 10:44pm

Oh yeah , Arnie .
A dead give away for Sudays eventual outcome was the Strengthening squally NNW ester that blew well into the wee hours of Sunday . Some pre frontal rain to boot , depending where you were staggering home from ! ;-)
That and not the following hangover told me that front would brush the coast before it did around day break .