shark sighting Bells, Winki and Cylinders

nebasha's picture
nebasha started the topic in Friday, 8 Mar 2013 at 3:07pm

http://www.rastasurfboards.com.au/Rasta/SurfReport.aspx

Anybody seen the men in grey suits? Not very common, is it?

rees0's picture
rees0's picture
rees0 Friday, 8 Mar 2013 at 3:50pm

Not sure on bells but from all reports they are out in force on the east coast with all this runoff and murky water from the rain. One fisherman reporting a catch of 5 bronze whalers of the beach this week from 2-5 ft in the ballina area.

singkenken's picture
singkenken's picture
singkenken Friday, 8 Mar 2013 at 7:12pm

Surfed Rincon this AM, no Noahs. Rosco does love to have his little bit of 'fun' with the truth though don't he ????

morris's picture
morris's picture
morris Friday, 8 Mar 2013 at 8:38pm

Wow Ballina, that's not far from Bells is it?

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Friday, 8 Mar 2013 at 9:07pm

Saw a decent sized bronzey fully jump out of the water catching a fish while surfing at Pondy a few weeks ago. We just laughed and kept on surfing. There's heaps of them out there.

nebasha's picture
nebasha's picture
nebasha Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013 at 9:37am

@singkenken: Yeah Ros does have a way with words and bending the truth. Love it how he keeps sending people to point roadknight on a 1 ft swell day.

@yorkes: I tip my hat to you sir: balls of steel. Chances are that I've been close to one of them noahs without even knowing it.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013 at 6:47pm

I don't think I have balls of steel Nebsy, I get scared in 8 foot surf. It's more of an awareness of the sharks behaviour. It was maybe 100 meters away out behind possums chasing a fish and wasn't showing any interest in us. If it was circling the lineup you would have seen me walk on water!
I do get nervous though when i see bronzey's chase big schools of fish swim through the surf zone because of the chance of an accidental bite. I will leave the water if that happens.
I once did some work as a deckie on a shark boat off Yorkes and the most sharks we caught were off Pondy and off Corny Point so there are stacks of them around there!