western vitoria

nevertuold's picture
nevertuold started the topic in Tuesday, 5 Mar 2013 at 2:14pm

hey was just after a bit of info on ccove n johanna's in west vic as im thinking of a mission over from adelaide this weekend..anyway the forecast for sat is a jump in swell and 6ft on the mornington so i was just wondering if anyone on here had experience on how large these 2 spots might be and if any of the river mouths on the eastern side of otoway would be breaking? i have surfed these breaks b4 but not for a long time...cheers phill...ps looks like being offshore. :-)

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 5 Mar 2013 at 2:23pm

Hi Nevertuold, those beaches will be too big on Saturday, probably in the 6-8ft range. You usually head over towards that region when there's no real swell at all and the rest of the state is tiny. I'd leave it and maybe try closer to home around the South East.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Wednesday, 6 Mar 2013 at 11:42am

Craig's onto it. Phil

Closer to home might be the better option. but in saying that , it doesn't mean you shouldn't cross the border.

at times 6-8 will hold . rarely at above mentioned . unfortunately no one will tell you when and exactly where this happens .

my advice in that neck of the woods . if you see a spot thats surfable . watch it for a while , and if it remains still rideable get out there . often so much time is wasted looking elsewhere . its a big coast and the drives betwwen breaks can smash ya fuel budget and more importantly TIME.
although this week looks good for bank development , personally I'll be in WA so if it was going to be epic . ( i wouldn't be going )

gannet's picture
gannet's picture
gannet Wednesday, 6 Mar 2013 at 4:19pm

and those spots east of the cape like a westerly wind

(not these friggen easterlies)

nevertuold's picture
nevertuold's picture
nevertuold Wednesday, 6 Mar 2013 at 7:03pm

onya fella's i appreciate the feedback ;-) gunna b a few options closer 2 home so i think ill save on the fuel! i love the great ocean road! bring on winter!