2nd hand firewire

keegs's picture
keegs started the topic in Saturday, 2 Feb 2013 at 5:12pm

I'm looking for a second hand firewire dominator but can't find any in my local board shops, on eBay or gum tree.

I'd like to buy 6'8-6'10 dominator.

If anybody could help me out would greatly appreciate it. I'm in vic and can arrange courier too. Cash ready too.

Thanks,

-keegs

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Sunday, 3 Feb 2013 at 11:18am

I dont have Keegs, but would like a second hand or new-
- 5'11 or 6'0 - mini driver firewire or lost - rock up or rusty - slayer, preferabley in futureflex but thats not likely, or epoxy.

scotty123456's picture
scotty123456's picture
scotty123456 Sunday, 3 Feb 2013 at 3:25pm

Hi groundswell,

I don't have a board to sell but couldn't help but throw in my 2 cents worth re the Rusty Slayer.

I ordered a Slayer 5'11 in Futureflex - it was disappointing to surf. Paddled well, held it's line in critical sections but hated being on a rail. Turns weren't much fun on it.

I sold it and ended up with one of these

http://www.haydenshapes.com/productdetailmssql.aspx?prodid=HS9900&titlei...

a 5'11" Shred Sled King in Futureflex. The board is awesome. Stoked I sold the Slayer and grabbed this instead.

I haven't actually seen one of the Lost Drivers or Rock Up's before but guys posting on US forums like them alot.

Happy surfboard hunting.

mundies's picture
mundies's picture
mundies Sunday, 3 Feb 2013 at 8:16pm

Didnt know haydenshapes did a step up version of the shred sled. Hard to find on the website ie its not under board models that I could see. I ended up ordering a hayden shapes 6'8" golden gun but with a bit more width, thickness and volume than standard. First surf on it today in fairly solid surf and it went well particularly on the hollow ones.

scotty123456's picture
scotty123456's picture
scotty123456 Sunday, 3 Feb 2013 at 9:57pm

The Shred Sled King I ordered is way up in Volume on my normal dimensions but I was looking for something in the 29 to 30 litres area to get me into decent sized waves without lengthening my standard shortboard board much.

Basically trying to swap a 6'5 to 6'3 for a 5'11".

Dimensions on it are 5'11" by 19 by 2 7/16. The forward volume makes it a breeze to paddle.

Those Golden Gun model boards are great too.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Monday, 4 Feb 2013 at 8:03pm

thanks for that Scotty. those shred kings look insane. i might go the same dims as yours too!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 5 Feb 2013 at 10:07pm

I'm looking for a second hand firewire dominator but can't find any in my local board shops, on eBay or gum tree.

I'd like to buy 6'8-6'10 dominator.

If anybody could help me out would greatly appreciate it. I'm in vic and can arrange courier too. Cash ready too.

Thanks,

-keegs

By: "keegs"

Im not sure about that model, but ive seen a fair few FW,s come through the surf shops down here on the island

Full circle, normally have a good amount of second hand FW,s but to be honest there mostly overpriced because they take commission.

secondhand boards in Islands shops are generally better price, as they do a deal no commission you just have to spend the $ again in there shop(on anything new or second hand boards) hence prices are better as people aren't losing $ from high commissions (bloody smart move island) but they rarely have FW,s

BTW. Island cowes shop are now stocking Lost/mayhems in FW FST build..big thumbs up

Islantis sometimes have the od FW but i think they do commission too, it really does make a difference lot of shops now take up to 25% thats a fair cut and guys put high prices on boards because they also loose lots in commission.

keegs's picture
keegs's picture
keegs Wednesday, 6 Feb 2013 at 4:21pm

One day ill buy you a beer indo haha.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 6 Feb 2013 at 5:35pm

Ha ha cheers

Full circle post some of there secondhand boards on there website now, but only a handful they have way way more than that.

Also try zaksurfboards.com in Melb, they also have a few secondhand boards on there website, the amount of new boards they have instore is also pretty impressive.

BTW. this is probably not a great time to buy a secondhand board in surf shops the good ones tend to turn over pretty quick during summer went in Island other day and there wasn't much quality there, during winter though you can pick up some real good deals.

keegs's picture
keegs's picture
keegs Wednesday, 6 Feb 2013 at 7:56pm

I'll check out full circles website tonight, and yeah I go to zaks fairly often to see what they have.. Picked up a second hand mctavish original 9'6 for $300 with fins and leggy last night. It's pretty rough but for $300 it's worth it to give to my mates who don't surf but want to have a crack.

I'm not in any mad rush to pick up the dominator just keeping an eye out as I haven't had much luck over summer with finding one.. It's as u explained though as far as timing and turn over.