Koby Abberton

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot started the topic in Tuesday, 8 Jan 2013 at 8:26pm

What ever happened to him? He was one of the hardest charging ballsy guys going around. In every mag and movie. Now you never see him.
Where was he when Fiji was giant and epic? Teahupoo? Hawaii?
Surely your love for surfing waves like that wouldn't just disappear!!
Seems like a waste of talent to me

barley's picture
barley's picture
barley Tuesday, 8 Jan 2013 at 9:41pm

I don't think he has a passport anymore..maybe I'm wrong..been in too many punch-ups and shit I think..anyone else can update??

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Wednesday, 9 Jan 2013 at 8:41am

@ barley,to many punch ups e.t.c wont alter his passport status.......only certain countries [U S] criteria for visas...whaaaat may be more knowledgable on this. but youre right he has dropped off the radar, i wonder who his sponsers are these days ?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 9 Jan 2013 at 8:53am

He was sponsored by Analog but they've gone belly up. That said, he was quiet for a long time while Analog were in business. He's definitely got a passport, however, as he was in Indonesia earlier this year.

Interesting how Mark Mathews used to play second fiddle to Koby yet Mathews' found a niche in the industry and went on to forge a solid career while Koby is featuring in a 'where are they now' thread.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Wednesday, 9 Jan 2013 at 10:21am

He kind of fell off the radar around the time his brother Jai went to court over killing that stand over guy didn't he? Mathews then took over and never looked back....that's my recollection anyway.

What's happened to Dingo - heard he is living in Maroubra? Split with his Mrs I think. Not sure where his surfing is at tho?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 9 Jan 2013 at 12:28pm

Dingo was at Jaws last week...check out Transworld Mag....with Mark mathews

alakaboo's picture
alakaboo's picture
alakaboo Wednesday, 9 Jan 2013 at 5:28pm

Koby was towing Bruce Irons in that Code Red swell in Tahiti. Think he rode some too.

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Monday, 21 Jan 2013 at 7:18am

hes probably in jail where he belongs

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 21 Jan 2013 at 6:05pm

Agree with smellypitts, why give this dickhead oxygen?

roubydouby's picture
roubydouby's picture
roubydouby Wednesday, 23 Jan 2013 at 10:37am

Maybe it is just pro surfing finally shedding a few deadshits.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Wednesday, 23 Jan 2013 at 1:04pm

Maybe .... that would be nice

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 23 Jan 2013 at 1:51pm

I'll never forget in "the" movie where they kept carrying on about respect, and then while the credits are rolling, there is footage of them laughing their heads off whilst ploughing through some property owners gate. Fucking losers.

pussyrioters's picture
pussyrioters's picture
pussyrioters Friday, 25 Jan 2013 at 9:33pm

I heard that koby was auditioning for a role with the wiggles as a gay cowboy

pg03's picture
pg03's picture
pg03 Thursday, 31 Jan 2013 at 1:52pm

I seen him eating a banana paddlepop once.. He loved it..

betty's picture
betty's picture
betty Thursday, 31 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm

He lives in Bali where they have a 'My Brothers Keeper' shop and whinges on facebook constantly about the fact that his mother is 50+ and still 'a pro' and that "they" won't give her a houso.

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley Thursday, 31 Jan 2013 at 6:07pm

At least he's out of the country - that's a good start.

How can he live in Bali anyway? Think Taj is the same...can you get an extended visa or is he a permanent resident?

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Thursday, 31 Jan 2013 at 6:24pm

3 monthly visa run ,kitas visa or $US100 in the right palm.

norchock's picture
norchock's picture
norchock Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 11:49am

Come across him a few times over the years in indo, always freindly and good to surf with.some of the older bra boys I have met the same most people who hate koby have never met the guy

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 12:25pm

I've met Koby and found him a distasteful fuckwit, but your right, I'm not most people.

It doesn't really matter if people who have an opinion have met him or not as he has put the image that he wants to portray out into the public arena in an attempt to cash in on it, so if we see him as the king dickhead of surfing, it's his own fault.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 2:54pm

yeah i was ready to dislike the fity cent surf gangsters with baggy pants,baseball hats n tats. that movie came out n i was expecting to h8 it!....
.i thought it was an excellent documentary on the realities of surfing,gnarly localism goes on everywhere.oz,hawaii,cali,bali....ect.me seppo mates couldnt believe judges with wiggs!!
people who dont surf think the surf game is guys out there sharing waves(whish it was),patting each other on the back."no u go BRO".most of the time its dog eat dog boys n girls.i'm not saying its right.it is what it is.....
dont know him but met koby twice up in indo last few years,surfing hard n going for it.i respect that.
i like to write off the pro's.see a bunch of em.soff cock stickers rich kids but in the case of koby n mark mattews you got to admit they've earned money from charging slab waves.a job i bet more than half the bloggers whom talk smack wouldnt have the balls to surf??

thomas11's picture
thomas11's picture
thomas11 Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 8:24pm
troppo dichotomy wrote:

yeah i was ready to dislike the fity cent surf gangsters with baggy pants,baseball hats n tats. that movie came out n i was expecting to h8 it!....
.i thought it was an excellent documentary on the realities of surfing,gnarly localism goes on everywhere.oz,hawaii,cali,bali....ect.me seppo mates couldnt believe judges with wiggs!!
people who dont surf think the surf game is guys out there sharing waves(whish it was),patting each other on the back."no u go BRO".most of the time its dog eat dog boys n girls.i'm not saying its right.it is what it is.....
dont know him but met koby twice up in indo last few years,surfing hard n going for it.i respect that.
i like to write off the pro's.see a bunch of em.soff cock stickers rich kids but in the case of koby n mark mattews you got to admit they've earned money from charging slab waves.a job i bet more than half the bloggers whom talk smack wouldnt have the balls to surf??

Fuck my brain can't decipher that after a few beers.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Mar 2015 at 8:52pm

He basically said that they go, you don't , so pull your head in.

His words not mine.

Welcome to Swellnet.