our own worst enemies

crisp's picture
crisp started the topic in Friday, 30 Nov 2012 at 4:44pm

Looking at the facebook comments of the picture "just outside city limits" make me realise we are our own worst enemy these days. We all complain about the amount of blokes in the line up then go and blow them up at every opportunity we get.

I flew down to visit a mate in Sydney, he picked me up at the airport and we went straight to the spot in the photo. Same size, offshore and 2 other blokes on the whole beach. To this day one of the best sessions I've ever had.

If you hadn't been there you wouldn't know where it is so why the fuck would you tell everyone. I've only had one surf there so I don't know what it's usually like, maybe it was pumping everywhere and lads didn't want to drive, i don't know. Is it already blown up? But fuck, I know after my session I wouldn't be telling anyone.

Fuck it i'm probably doing it myself making the post but if I had something like that so deserted near my circus I would kill to keep it under raps.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 30 Nov 2012 at 5:52pm

True but that spots not exactly a secret and even without help I could have picked it and im from Vicco but i did spend a bit of time in Sydney for work, the spot also appears in every surf guide book since Nat Youngs guide in the 80,s and expect the online sites like wanna surf.

I do see your point though, you see it all the time online especially Facebook, a photo of a low key spot gets posted with a vague clue and its like a guessing game.

Ive noticed the same thing with boat charter/surf camps in Indo, they love to put up photos of spots they visit on FB, even label them as secret spots or the area but say its not blah blah, i guess to get more likes or people to book trips, and then they wonder why a few weeks or months latter they have to share it with other boats.