Floating Surfing Reef

acacia2sky's picture
acacia2sky started the topic in Monday, 9 Jun 2014 at 9:50am

I have built a model, Floating Surfing Reef. You can check it at (Floating Surfing Reef) YouTube. What you'll see is a scale long period swell, moving over the reef. Look closely and you see that the reef moves with the swell and that if you were riding it would not matter. It's a 1/60th scale model and the waves are expert rated with the reef settings adjusted this way.

However there are no tides and the bottom slope is fully adjustable to where it could be beginner type big face skate waves. The swell angle is also adjustable, it gets as good as can all the time.

I'm looking for a team of people who know how want to help make this real. State of the art computer engineering/marine architecture is needed, coastal engineering, mainly a love of surfing and human creativity.

The, G and Hotmail contacts in the video are no longer valid. You can contact me in California by calling Chuck's Wood-shop, 805 489 9333.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Monday, 9 Jun 2014 at 1:21pm

"Full scale it can be a floating hotel surf destination."

I don't get it.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 9 Jun 2014 at 2:07pm

Contact that Kelly Slater bloke ....he's got plenty of cash to invest........if he likes your idea he may even come up with a near identical patent !

kind regards Gregg W.

wellymon's picture
wellymon's picture
wellymon Monday, 9 Jun 2014 at 2:34pm

haha classic Udo san.

I've actually thought about this before when working on the FPSO's off Exmouth, a 250m ride down alongside the ship, that is floatable and you can sink/raise it and turn the ship to varying degrees which captures different swells......?
Ben it would be a floating hotel as well, spa's, bar, bikini girls and waves :)