Mentawaii's Boat Trip 10th Oct for $2,200: Few seats available

cales's picture
cales started the topic in Wednesday, 12 Sep 2012 at 3:58pm

Hey gang,

We've had a couple of last minute pull-outs on our boat trip, and need at least two more people.

It's a great boat, with a cool bunch of lads. No one absolutely shreds, but we all want to find great waves and get barrelled.

- Boat sails 10th Oct for 10 days
- Leaving from Padang
- This is the boat - was comepltely re-fitted it last year http://www.surfchartersindonesia.com/Home/Boat
- $2,200 per person... we could get 4 more people on.

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Monday, 15 Oct 2012 at 1:34am

Padang is a great place hey

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Oct 2012 at 10:54am

Everyone always disses Padang, but its my fav Indo city, much better than Medan or Jakarta or any small city in Java, most are inland so hotter than padang, no sea breeze and no relief from smog and you feel trapped atleast at padang you can see the ocean and see the horizon.

Plus padang has pretty much everything apart from decent waves although if your desperate you can get a surf, Padang has great local food like authentic Padang food or Matabak or fresh grilled seafood near the beach, but you can still get western fix of junk food, like KFC and Pizza hut if needed, theres a few bars and local expat scene, and apart from alcohol everything is dirt cheap.

And even though the beach is dirty and ugly with groynes etc, i still like to sit out on the groynes and watch the sunset knowing the mentawais are just out of eyesight.

But the thing i really dig about Padang is if your there your either breathing in the air of anticipation about to head out to Mentawais or Tellos or you have returned most likely in surfed out bliss, with memorys of waves scared on your brain for eternity.

Also if you have ever spent a month or two out in the Islands its a good place to return to recharge, recharge on what im not quite sure, what it is, but i think Padang has saved many from island fever (including me :)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 at 4:42pm

this sounds like you're trying to create a rape dungeon mate, don't let it happen again

By: "angelakisbros"

?????.......please explain

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 at 4:48pm

btw you would be going in october..... there are no big sets on the horizon coming through then you novices

It's the 16 th now boat was to go out the 10 th, expect it smallish last few days, but first days of trip should have been good size, but from my personal experience I'd never hit ments in oct- nov, often crap month especially November one of the wettest months and lows often form of Sumatra screwing up any proper long period ground swell.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012 at 7:18pm

this sounds like you're trying to create a rape dungeon mate, don't let it happen again

Hahahahahhhhahaa. you funny fucker

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012 at 5:20am

yeah mate padang is great. that water in the harbour there looks so tempting. And the the orange cab/mini vans/ hot rod/ pieces of shit are really few and far between.
ps I ate pizza hut and got sick