AFL Finals

reecen's picture
reecen started the topic in Wednesday, 5 Sep 2012 at 9:15am

What a cracker finals it looks like it is going to be with Victoria, NSW, South Australia and Western Australia all represented.
Heres hoping that the cup can be wrested off those arogant Victorians again.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 5 Sep 2012 at 9:49am

Here, here Reecen, a cracking few weeks coming up!

Besides Hawks there's no clear favourite with Geelong, Collingwood, Crows, Sydney and West Coast all able to take it out.

I think West Coast are way too short at home this week though, especially with Kennedy out and the form on North Melbourne (besides the last few weeks).

I'm a Crows man and with big Heath Grundy out it'll be tough for them in Adelaide, so we could be looking at 2 homefinals!

P.s. I think they should make Dangerfield captain next year. He's one of the hardest players in the team and also has the good ol' 32 on his back.

Friday nights game should be a cracker!

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Wednesday, 5 Sep 2012 at 10:51am

Yeah it is a hard one to pick out of these four finals, the only one that I reckon could be a white wash is if the Hawks steam roll the Pies who have been looking a bit off.

I hope you are wrong about the Eagles, they seem to have rediscovered a bit of form and belted Collingwood two rounds ago, and took it right up to Hawthorn after there 1st quarter brain fade last week. Kennedy hasnt been ruled out yet and Rosa is trying to get a call up a week after breaking his collar bone and a couple of weeks after fracturing his face... tough cookie. Hopefully the human highlight reel, NicNat gets fired up for finals as well.
Adelaide - Sydney should be a cracker of a match, I reckon Adelaide will be tough to beat at home.
Can't wait to watch the fierce battles unfold over the next couple of weeks.

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Wednesday, 5 Sep 2012 at 9:59pm

Carn the mighty eagles, Nicnat is a freak, coxy is a legend, jeeze it's been a good year in general, close games, no clear favourite,hawks will probably win it, there should be some epic games in the finals, go weags

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Monday, 10 Sep 2012 at 8:15am

Oh yeah, how good was yesterday's total demolition of North Melbourne. If I was Collingwood I would be afraid, very afraid.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Monday, 10 Sep 2012 at 8:27am

West Coast put on a show yesterday alright.

Jeez I was disappointed with Adelaide, played so poorly and all the deliveries inside 50 were absolutely terrible and not to our advantage at all.

We should beat Freo easily though.

Geelong will be the most shell shocked of them all, wow, they were a real contender but gave into bloody Freo, haha.

fredo's picture
fredo's picture
fredo Monday, 10 Sep 2012 at 9:58am

Since Adelaide's loss on Saturday you'll be happy to know Craig that Toyota have announced they will be installing a choke cable in all their new model Camry's...

reecen's picture
reecen's picture
reecen Monday, 10 Sep 2012 at 11:51am

Dunno Craig, I reckon in a couple of weeks time the two matches being played will be West Coast Vs Sydney and Hawthorn Vs Freo.

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Wednesday, 12 Sep 2012 at 1:00pm

I hope so reecen, freo is looking dangerous, good to see the big q stick didn't get suspended, it's bad enough that muddy waters is out, if wce beat Collingwood you won't wipe the smile off me face with a cricket bat

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 15 Sep 2012 at 10:37am

After a very slow and frustrating start the Crows finally came good.

Walker out on a show and that goal going into half time was a big turning point.

Porpoise played a great game but Tippet was useless again in the first half until he was put into the ruck.

Great game and it looked like Freo ran out of legs.

Personally I think we'll get smacked next week but here's hoping!

the_jackel's picture
the_jackel's picture
the_jackel Saturday, 15 Sep 2012 at 5:27pm

tippett looks like he just doesnt give a rats arse. hes mentally moved on from the club. his work rate up forward was terrible. hopefully we get something good from suns/lions in exchange for him (sam day and a draft pick or two perhaps)

westcoasteagle's picture
westcoasteagle's picture
westcoasteagle Saturday, 15 Sep 2012 at 7:32pm

C'mon eagles

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Sunday, 16 Sep 2012 at 12:03am

Faarrken oath, I hate losing to the pies, I'm feeling a bit flat now

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Friday, 30 Nov 2012 at 8:20pm

afl is for fags