Worst waves for surf movie.

fraser-gordon's picture
fraser-gordon started the topic in Friday, 6 Jul 2012 at 9:38am

Just watched ASl's The Hill and can say they would have to be some of the worst waves I've seen for a movie.Not the surfing going on just the waves the lads got skunked or what.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 7 Jul 2012 at 12:03pm

Yeah, the bar seems is seemingly set higher and higher every year. It's funny looking back at older surf videos - some of the waves they filmed back then wouldn't even make the cut on a 30 second You Tube video these days.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 7 Jul 2012 at 12:41pm

Just watched ASl's The Hill and can say they would have to be some of the worst waves I've seen for a movie.Not the surfing going on just the waves the lads got skunked or what.

By: "fraser-gordon"

I have to admit i was disappointed with that vid, the swell they got wasn't a typical straight mentawai ground swell, kind of a bit wonky swell, but the waves still look pretty fun, from what i can tell, bank vaults- right barrels with crowd, the odd e-bay and beng bengs, and way to much average pitstops, don't know if id call it skunked though

...i was in area late last year and got truly skunked, didn't get a wave over 3 foot, surfed tiny but clean beng bengs, 1ft gutless pitstops, 3 ft fat pussys, 2-3ft burger world, 3ft wonky telescopes and 2-3ft gutless ice lands and had many flat days complete with rain and storms all in 3 weeks, thats true skunked, i would have been much more happy with the waves they got.

I think most old school vids have better waves in them, than most vids these days, these days its just about the best surfing, one move waves, airs in average beachies, but before taylor steal came along most vids, the quality of waves came first mosty reefs and points and they weren't so edited, you got to see the wave from start to finish.