mini oxygen canister for big wave surfing where can i get one?

col78's picture
col78 started the topic in Monday, 14 May 2012 at 5:18pm

I've heard you can get mini oxygen canisters that strap to your arm and you can bite down on them to get and new lung full of air just when you need it the most after being held down just that little bit to long, after looking long and hard on the net I have not been able to find this, can anyone tell me if these things are out there and where i could get one?

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Monday, 14 May 2012 at 5:52pm

HAHA....you'd be spewin if you let out the last bit of air and found out it didn't work.

col78's picture
col78's picture
col78 Monday, 14 May 2012 at 5:57pm

I hope not coz one of them would be awsome!!! after to many years of breathing concrete dust, my lung capasity is not good and every now and then find my self scratching for the surface. i do not want to be sitting on the beach when the surf is pumping!!! some one should make them if they are not out there already.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Monday, 14 May 2012 at 8:31pm

Victor they're available, some of the guys that surf Mavericks wear them on there wetties. Keep lookin col your bound to come across them somewhere mate

blow-in-9999's picture
blow-in-9999's picture
blow-in-9999 Monday, 14 May 2012 at 10:22pm

No experience but google yeilded

Arm
Vest

rusty-moran's picture
rusty-moran's picture
rusty-moran Wednesday, 16 May 2012 at 10:50pm

Col, yes you are entirely correct mate.

Some of my mates in Hawaii use the vest with the built in air canister. I have heard reports of them using the air durig two wave hold downs.

Specs here - www.spareairxtreme.com/specs.html

Surfline review here - www.surfline.com/surf-news/big-wave-safety-vest-feature_67305/

the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer's picture
the-pharmer Saturday, 2 Jun 2012 at 2:14am

Sold.