Ban blasphemy-rottmouth from this site

maddogmorley's picture
maddogmorley started the topic in Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 4:09pm

Can we ban this guy from wrecking every single forum on here with his aggressive, negative rants that shoot down everything anyone else has to say?

I'm sick of him.....these forums are meant to be a vessel for light-hearted banter aren't they? Have to think twice now before posting something in case the rottphemy-blasmouth decided he's having a bad day.....

His latest crack at the Outsider (The Outsider: Epilogue - Bigger Than Jesus) and all-and-sundry just makes me want to smash the guy....either that or stop reading these forums.

away's picture
away's picture
away Monday, 16 Apr 2012 at 9:13pm

I agree that he is aggressive, overly negative and I would even throw pompous into the mix.

I respect that the Swellnet team have not banned him though. I like to hear both sides of the story, even if one side is expressed in a belligerent way by someone with an incredibility inflated sense of his own self worth and intellectual superiority.

His last, long post, in which he offered more than just cheap insults and an alternative vision of how professional surfing might exist is actually an interesting read.

Despite expressing such hatred for professional surfing, he generally restricts himself to commenting on pro surfing related threads. Thankfully, there remain plenty of other un-rottmouth-infested areas on here for light hearted banter. Perhaps we could think of it as a long beach break with a number of banks working. When the clubbies paddle out in their big clumsy boat, we can drift down to the next peak.

My vote is leave him be for the sake of entertainment. Remember, Mr. Morley, that insults only hurt when they come from someone you respect. Post without fear my friend.

This is just my opinion. Perhaps a vote is the best way but ultimately it is up to the proprietors of this virtual space.

Good night everyone. I hope waves or other good times await you tomorrow.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012 at 12:54am

Nicely put Sir, especially regarding the beachbreak analogy. I also agree that his last post was worth exploring further.

Peeps, I wouldn't worry too much, there's quite a few out there ready to drop in on Mr Rottkamp. Sid the fish, Whaaat, The Roller et al have all pushed water over the ledge and shut down the section.

But, he keeps paddling out.

You can only go over the falls so much before you call it a day.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012 at 1:22am

P.S. I don't dislike the bloke. I kind of consider him the surfers Pagliacci.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012 at 6:48am

Hey Maddog,

I understand your frustrations, he is one of the most eager commenters I've ever seen, yet as Away and ZenA say, he confines himself to certain areas of the site. If he bothers you just keep clear of them, or better yet, keep commenting but ignore him.

The other thing to keep in mind is that while he appears to have all guns blazing there is a message in there, something to be elucidated amongst all the rambling. Of course, even if you agree with him, at some stage you will have your mothers name cursed and fathers grave spat on - such is his curious manner. Consider it a mere cultural quirk, saviour the moment, and move on.