What about 6?

shaun's picture
shaun started the topic in Sunday, 8 Apr 2012 at 10:04am

Is 6 the limit, has any one gone 7, I've only seen sets of 5 being sold.

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Monday, 9 Apr 2012 at 11:45pm

It worked ...... PM .

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Tuesday, 10 Apr 2012 at 5:57am

Yep it's dead and buried

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 at 9:01am

I can't see why six wouldn't work, 2 little keels at the back.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Thursday, 12 Apr 2012 at 10:19pm

I'll have to super glue them on , there's no boxes

more's picture
more's picture
more Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 7:30am
shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 7:58am

Bigger fin than I would have thought would work,

angrybrigade's picture
angrybrigade's picture
angrybrigade Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 11:31am

I've had a 'steg' off Glen Winton for a coupla years now. Goes like the clappers in all sorts of conditions. It's got 4 wee fins with 2 slightly bigger...all smaller than your standard thruster set-up. Beautifully shaped board as you would expect from a master craftsman. I'd get more conventional thrusters or better yet, some quads off him for sure...he was one of the originators after all. In fact, I've gotta hit him up about bigger equipment...did he shape his own shit back in his Hawaiian hey-day?

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 1:24pm

Glenn Winton walked into a factory where I was glassing and ordered a board, with such precise measurements the shaper really did not want to do it , as he had no imput at all. I think he used to design all his boards, in Hawaii he got most of his boards shaped by Kirk Bierke who is now in Aus. I think Glen designs boards and gets them done on computer , an under rated surfer, what was the name they used to call him, Mr X?

more's picture
more's picture
more Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 2:22pm

those fins were too big, just put in for the pic really...ended up using alot less fin and tried many combos and its surprising what works, even assymetrical fin set ups....
Glen was the man for 6 fins, mine was never meant to be a copy or makin em for sales, more just to try it and see how they went, it was a blank I had so thought I would play around a bit with the shape, then that creativity got into the fin set up too...just fun and it didnt go too bad, very different high lines and swooping off the bottom, and could do a long running floater...and tons of hold in the tube...but I didnt do another so that'll tell ya others go better for me...but always fun to try stuff and the best way to learn .....

angrybrigade's picture
angrybrigade's picture
angrybrigade Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 2:25pm

Interesting...Kirk Bierke, hey? He still shaping...whereabouts? I remember in the mid 90s up in NW WA, we were all sitting in the pack at a certain pointbreak...solid day...when Mr X himself paddles out and around us on a board approaching 8' and sits waaaaay deep almost next to the point itself. We all raised eyebrows and waited eagerly to see what the next set would bring. Sure enough, he picked his wave and got barrelled through the whole thing. OK, so that's MR X...pipe warrior!! He paddled back out, back to his spot, waited and took another...too deep, got dragged across the reef, snapped his stick, and swam in! ENIGMA PLUS! Don't think I saw him again...but I heard he ripped another wave up the coast as well. Apropos of nothing, Gary Timperley twins...he still shape?? Now that was one under-rated surfer/shaper!

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Friday, 13 Apr 2012 at 9:16pm

Kirks in Ulladulla, I believe he shaped Camels 10'0". I always thought that wintons best surfing was fitting himself inside really small long backhand barrels, bit of a contortionist.

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 9:35pm

my god id feel like a absolute tool if i pulled that board out of my car before a surf. thats the ugliest piece of shit ive ever seen.

shaun's picture
shaun's picture
shaun Saturday, 14 Apr 2012 at 9:53pm

Gees Angilina, lucky we all don't think like that or everyone would be still surfing logs

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 8:11pm

id rather surf a log than a board with 6 fins

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Sunday, 15 Apr 2012 at 10:08pm

I'd rather ride Jennifer Anniston personally

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012 at 12:48am

I'd rather ride Jennifer Anniston personally

By: "therealneil"

i can tell by your silleotte that your too ugly and youd have no chance

therealneil's picture
therealneil's picture
therealneil Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012 at 5:59am

(sniff) Hollywood starlets can be so picky sometimes (sigh)

rees0's picture
rees0's picture
rees0 Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012 at 10:38am

What's funny is that your attitude to different equipment makes you look like more of a tool than any board ever will.

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Thursday, 19 Apr 2012 at 12:21am

What's funny is that your attitude to different equipment makes you look like more of a tool than any board ever will.

By: "rees0"

Tell me what a board with 6 fins does please kelly?