Main peak Jan Juc

tomdo's picture
tomdo started the topic in Tuesday, 3 Apr 2012 at 5:27pm

Where has it gone?

Yes we all know Jan Juc is fairly average but I can't remember a time when the main car park peak was in such a bad way. Its close out city right now....even more than it usually is. Has anyone else noticed this? What's going on? I always thought the bank was permanent due to the offshore reef (some call it Third Reef. As in Thrid Reef Pipe? I don't think so).

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Friday, 6 Apr 2012 at 3:49am

who cares? noone wants to surf in Korea anyway

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 6 Apr 2012 at 6:59pm

Could be all the crap little SE swells we had during summer, banks on our beaches on the island were screwed from them, its only now things are returning to normal after some offshores and straighter sw swells.

floyd's picture
floyd's picture
floyd Friday, 6 Apr 2012 at 9:03pm

Thanks for the heads up Indo, me and my 400 eastern suburbs mates will be over next weekend.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 8 Apr 2012 at 9:33am

ha ha...whoops.

Oh well think that big swell washed them away again anyway....

BTW i think you and your 400 eastern suburb mate are down here anyway, i can't beleive how crowded it has been this Easter and not many places to surf when solid and northly, you know you guys should hit the surf coast in those conditions.

tomdo's picture
tomdo's picture
tomdo Tuesday, 7 Aug 2012 at 10:54pm

Seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed the strange situation down at juc...

http://www.surfcoasttimes.com.au/news/community/2012/08/07/lack-of-sand-equals-lack-of-surf/#.UCD3dZotha8