Nick Carroll books

udo's picture
udo started the topic in Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 8:40am

Can any one tell me which of Nick Carrolls surf books covers 'correct paddling technique' .

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 8:43am

Nick or Freeride , anyone ? thanks.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 9:14am

From memory the more detailed stuff is in Volume 2, Udo. I'm not in the office today so can't check for you. 

There's also this thread on Realsurf: http://forum.realsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12430

bluem00n's picture
bluem00n's picture
bluem00n Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 9:41am

It's in 'Complete Guide to Surfing Vol.2'. I couldn't find anywhere that stocked it so bought it direct from the publishers, Morrison Media, for $20. Link!

Jimmy Slade's picture
Jimmy Slade's picture
Jimmy Slade Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 9:57am

I had the same problem, couldn't find it on the shelf anywhere. Great book though. So many little useful tips and tricks you normally wouldn't think of to help improve your surfing.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 11:10am

Thanks fellas.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Thursday, 15 May 2014 at 7:57pm

ASL online store have volume 2 on sale for $14.95

funpeeler's picture
funpeeler's picture
funpeeler Friday, 23 May 2014 at 1:49pm

Volume 2 is absolute gold. Seriously - theres a couple of tips (relax upper body and delay bottom turn) that have actually changed my surfing for the better over recent months. Still at a very humble level but its been a quantum jump that I have been able to consolidate at.

I think its very hard to change the way you surf unless you really take a step back, deconstruct it and work with some very different biomechanics. Pilates and yoga have helped me too.

Even getting plenty of water time - while making you fit and bolder- possibly only cements bad habits.

Get the book!!

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 30 May 2014 at 4:13pm

Agreed peeler. Nick explains it all well too.
Semi off topic but one of the best articles of his imo was on different styled surfer stereotypes..
Like pointbreak surfers plan out things down the line...heavy reef break surfers tend to surf like boxing or in "punches" ...there was another that escapes me , maybe beach/high performance acting on impulse?
Same approach can be put into their non surfing lives..it was an old one like 95 or something..good read though.