m.r. surfshop closes

victor's picture
victor started the topic in Friday, 27 Jan 2012 at 10:09pm

surely not...stu or ben have you got some info on this..fucking sad day for surfing i reckon.

crustt's picture
crustt's picture
crustt Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 at 1:26am

But a happy day for him, probably doesn't need to work anymore, good luck to him.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 at 3:22am

still going to shape i believe, custom orders and supply his old shop and others with stock boards...who bought his surfshop? a surf chain ?

pigdoggin's picture
pigdoggin's picture
pigdoggin Monday, 30 Jan 2012 at 5:25am

Does anybody out there know if the great MR spent any time shaping for Strapper Surfboards?? Reason I ask is that a mate of mine has this retro Strapper twinnie and is deadset it was shaped by MR back in the day and tells everybody. I am caught between saying, "yeah that's sick" or "fark, you talk shit" I know MR shapes his own boards under his own label, and i know most of boards MR rode where shaped by Bob Margetts way back when. So do any old school shappers or people in the know, know about MR's history?
Cheers

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Monday, 30 Jan 2012 at 8:06am

who cares. hes a rip off

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 3:26am

m.r seems to be getting lots of mentions in the mining circles- mark richards and nathan tinkler ???..i wonder if m.r. may appointed to the board of a mining company or two......

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012 at 12:02pm

Victor - Maybe MR will lace up the footy boots and we will see him playing for the newcastle knights this season. my god they need all the help they can get!