taj and friends

victor's picture
victor started the topic in Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012 at 8:21am

southy or freeride whats the possibility you think of w.a. getting another rare north swell similar to what taj and his mates scored last year, cyclone in the same position at present , what direction do you think it will take? will they get another tube fest like the last ?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012 at 8:52pm

How's this Victor..

Tropical Cyclone Bianca which generated that NW swell for WA last year formed around the exact same time (nearly to the hour) as this new Tropical Cyclone (Iggy). That being late on the 25th of January.

This is the track TC Bianca took..

And this is the current forecast track for TC Iggy..

GFS has TC Iggy pushing slowly south during early next week, while EC has it staying north of Exmouth and drifting west as a strong high pressure ridge pushes up across the Australian continent.

Will be interesting to watch how this one plays, especially with the similarities to TC Bianca pointed out above.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012 at 9:21pm

craig thanks for that info, and i bet that taj and friends are watching that cyclones every move. hope it pans out identical as 12 months ago. what size swell would the abrolhos islands get as this thing forms?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012 at 10:16pm

If it stalls far enough west the islands should see quite a solid swell filtering down, but there's too much variability to make any call on size at the moment.

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Thursday, 26 Jan 2012 at 6:56am

just checked elders weather g.f.s map,it shows the system in a fine position for 1st and 2nd of feb. and for the east coast a nice depression forming in the coral sea....but things will probably change on 12 hourly basis with the tropics being so volatile at the moment...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 26 Jan 2012 at 8:39pm

Latest updates are still keeping with it drifting south towards Perth, as an extra-tropical low, but in either case there'll be a bit of N/NW swell pushing down the WA coast.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Friday, 27 Jan 2012 at 11:15am

taj and friends, sounds like the first pro gay surf movie

ando's picture
ando's picture
ando Friday, 27 Jan 2012 at 12:09pm

Good on ya local boy Backbeach...your local hard core hey....you rip on that quad set up...you should patent it!

theblowin's picture
theblowin's picture
theblowin Friday, 27 Jan 2012 at 12:22pm

taj should head a bit further north. gonna be 4 to 5 metres and offshore. 200km/h offshore. he could borrow backbeaches 8'6

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Friday, 27 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm

taj is a kat

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 at 9:26am

It's still on track to deliver some solid N/NW swell to the central to southern WA coast..

Also forecast to become a Severe Tropical Cyclone Category 4 by Monday.

Not surprising with sea surface temperatures being 4 degreees above average up off NW WA!

theblowin's picture
theblowin's picture
theblowin Saturday, 28 Jan 2012 at 9:42am

just bailed from onslow, shits gonna get heavy . Better places than down south cobber, can think of one particular right in indo loves a the bit more south in the swell. this time of year it's just italians and pommies. almost told you then thought better of it.loose lips sink ships etc

mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt's picture
mrsbradpitt Monday, 30 Jan 2012 at 8:14am

taj is a kat

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 2 Feb 2012 at 8:51am

Just in case you're late to the news, Yalls is pumping with the NW swell and throwing out some big and heavy wedges.

Watch the live cam here.. Yalls Cam

southey's picture
southey's picture
southey Thursday, 2 Feb 2012 at 9:51am

apologies to Victor , Only just saw this Thread . Taj and Friends is not high on my interest as a sentence . Sounds a little playschool.

Just spoke to friends who surfed Yals today . they talked it down .

Thought this would happen again .

last time Bianca ,
i stopped a couple of crew heading up Nth to meet swell , and told em' to look for places that Like a WNW direction down in their own neck of the woods .
The rest is history , with the Mitchells session .

Haven't heard or seen any shots from there yet . I believe everyone might be a little Tight lipped if this is to become a common occurence .

I've also seen some pretty epic Secret NW footage from other occasions , but that would involve me being shot if i was to reveal anything .

victor's picture
victor's picture
victor Friday, 3 Feb 2012 at 4:22am

yall cam shows what iggys producing...yeh taj and friends---- sounds a bit to close to sarge and friends.