Best Softboard for kids ...

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 started the topic in Sunday, 15 Jan 2012 at 9:30pm

Anyone used a Softech Tom Carroll Pro 6'0" softboard? It's this one:

http://www.softechsoftboards.com/_webapp_1405313/TC_Pro_Model

For $199.95, it's a good design, low rails, more "real" surfboard 'ish than any other others (i.e. not as corky or bulky) and it comes with FCS M5 soft fins.

I haven't been able to find any reviews.

Any comments?

bigwayne's picture
bigwayne's picture
bigwayne Monday, 16 Jan 2012 at 5:40am

mr 43 , go buy that board , it was only made for patrolled sydney beaches anyway, but will probably have some novelty value though
this was bought to you by HRH bigwayne

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Monday, 16 Jan 2012 at 9:58pm

YRH Mr ne,

As the topic suggests, it's for my offspring and not yours truly.

I fail to comprehend your need to qualify your communication with "it was only made for patrolled sydney beaches anyway, but will probably have some novelty value though". Are you able to provide further detail?

How would the softboard in question, compare to others in the market?

Awaiting your learned reply.

Yours,

Mr 43

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 at 8:02am

Wingnut, my first board was the old scratchy foamie with no fin, my brother got one 1 year later with a rubber fin, i was pissed.

The $200 softboard will do the same as the $80 softboard except tom carrol & fcs will not get royalties & the minions of marketing & sales reps will not earn bonuses or wages simple when your kids master the $80 foamie, move on to fibreglass

My 3 yrd olds vehicles a Raw 5'5 second hand $20, a wahu boogie board $5 from op shop
I have $175 invested instead
Their Foamies not performance vehicles

ando's picture
ando's picture
ando Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012 at 12:27pm

To get an idea of the mentality and expetise of Mr Backbeach, before you take his advice seriously, read the entire disgusting thread of his invasion of the north coast article. The guys a local!

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Thursday, 19 Jan 2012 at 7:56am

Ando attack what i write on a thread feel free, just do it on that thread rather than invade this one like some weird stalker

Just because your knickers are in a knot over one forum you should not infect other threads numbnuts

here i will post again

Back beach "Wingnut, my first board was the old scratchy foamie with no fin, my brother got one 1 year later with a rubber fin, i was pissed.

The $200 softboard will do the same as the $80 softboard except tom carrol & fcs will not get royalties & the minions of marketing & sales reps will not earn bonuses or wages simple when your kids master the $80 foamie, move on to fibreglass

My 3 yrd olds vehicles a Raw 5'5 second hand $20, a wahu boogie board $5 from op shop
I have $175 invested instead
Their Foamies not performance vehicles"

Whats wrong with that ando, pull it apart agree or have a point rather than whingeing about your disgust with me, disagree, agree. stop the whingeing make a point, prove me wrong.

Ando you have nothing use spell check, everyone's a local as i stated before i'm a global local, I just understand how to be one & not shit on local communities be it NSW QLD SA WA or Somewhere in the pacific or indo.

PULL your head in twat

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 2:40am

Ando attack what i write on a thread feel free, just do it on that thread rather than invade this one like some weird stalker ...

By: "backbeach"

Backbeach, I think you've missed the point ... I suspect ando was just giving me a 'heads up' that your input may be off the mark, and rather than give his opinion on that, suggested, that I review your comments in another thread.

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 2:41am

... here i will post again ...

Ah, it's ok thanks m8, I'll just scroll up to read your original post.

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 2:43am

To get an idea of the mentality and expetise of Mr Backbeach, before you take his advice seriously, read the entire disgusting thread of his invasion of the north coast article. The guys a local!

By: "ando"

Thanks ando, appreciate the 'heads up' there ... as you could obviously see, I'm fairly new on here, so I appreciate the community spirit you've shown.

backbeach's picture
backbeach's picture
backbeach Saturday, 21 Jan 2012 at 10:41am

Forget the community spirit wingnut how did your advertorial go, not well by the looks of it, buy the cheap foamie for you kids without payment to ex pros & sales reps

This is a forum pretending to be a forum

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Sunday, 22 Jan 2012 at 12:59am

... wingnut how did your advertorial go, not well by the looks of it, ...

What are you talking about ... 'advertorial'?

I am not connected with or, associated with, softech ... my initial post in this thread is entirely for an information purpose to help me (and maybe someone else reading this forum) make a private purchase decision.